Best single game performance

Guest av1

Gary Cahill against WBA at Villa Park on his debut, he marked Kevin Campbell out of the game, he didn’t give him a sniff. He was absolutely outstanding, I still remember it to this day, some of his blocks and reading of the game was outstanding. I knew from that match on that we had a player on our hands

On 14/02/2022 at 21:15, Mark Albrighton said:

Matt Lowton v Sunderland.

Ok, this is slightly tongue in cheek. But I genuinely can’t remember too many matches, Villa or otherwise, where a side has won 6-1, the striker has scored a hat trick, yet I’ve been taken aback by how well the right back played. **** knows what he had for breakfast that day.

Over 71% of the VT community agreed judging by the match ratings. It can’t have happened too often.

So odd you mention this because I remember this game well and Lowton was indeed MOTM - a superb performance.

I was one of the few fortunate enough to witness Simon Stainrods 4 goal savvy on his debut at St James Park live

Never quite managed to hit those dizzy heights again 

Edited by Follyfoot

On 15/02/2022 at 15:23, Mic09 said:

A niche one, but I though Bennet was incredible when we beat Chelsea in 2014 (the Delph goal game).

That was a great night game at VP, and considering Bennet was never a prolific player, he went above and beyond his abilities.

On a similar note, Lowton in the 6-1 vs Sunderland was sensational. Shame how it all turned out. They shouldn't have all been thrown together with the likes of Clark/Baker/Bannan etc.

I remember James Milner's last game for Villa when he scored against West Ham. It always sticks in my mind how he was booed at the start of the game then took a standing ovation as he was subbed off the pitch.

Strangely Henri Lansbury's debut is another I remember, I genuinely thought we'd signed the midfielder we had always been looking for. Some of his long range passing in that game blew me away. It didn't last...

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

Hawkeye, vs Sheffield Utd, what a player.

Hawk-Eye said it "unreservedly apologises", and acknowledged that the ball had gone over the line.

"I think the goalkeeper was in the Holte End when he caught it," said Blades boss Chris Wilder.

Image result for hasbulla gif

Love Hasbullla :D

• Like 1

Â