Our strikers for 2022/23

Tom13

I love Watkins. I think he will come back when he gets a break. Importantly, his movement and pressing is fundamental to the way that Stevie wants to play. He created the space for JJs second goal v Leeds with his intelligent diagonal run. The three of Coutinho, Buendia and Ollie with JJ joining has looked very good in the last three games??

I would let Ings go - he doesn't suit Stevie G ball and is better suited to playing in a two.

In would look to bring in a "Daka" type - mobile goal scorer - that can understudy Ollie. Or maybe a Lacazette on a free to give Cam and KD another year to progress.

It depends how KD and Cam perform over the next couple of months but, at the minute, I would be looking to put both on loan to bottom 6/newly promoted PL teams and see how they do in this division. I have always thought there is a player in KD and he showed that against Leicester last week - he didn't look out of place v PL opposition and was a real nuisance, creating space for others. Ultimately he would give us a very different option off the bench. Cam looks really exciting and I hope his development continues on the same trajectory. He looks more of a direct Ollie Watkins competitor.

13 minutes ago, PaulC said:

What about Young and Barry could they feature next season? 

I assume you are not talking about Ash and Gareth??

I think both have great potential but both need better loans next year at a higher level to see if they can deliver.

Just now, barry'sboots said:

I assume you are not talking about Ash and Gareth??

I think both have great potential but both need better loans next year at a higher level to see if they can deliver.

Yes maybe too soon but the way Archer and Ramsey have developed in such a short space of time who knows 

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes maybe too soon but the way Archer and Ramsey have developed in such a short space of time who knows 

Barry is still relatively quite small and has largely been playing out wide when I have seen him (u-23 and u-18 highlights). Whilst he has undoubted talent, I think he has a long way to go to make it at the Villa.

I like Young - he looks like a fighter - but he would be way behind Cam and KD at the minute?

Cam is the amazing one for me. Who would have thought he'd be where he is today 12 months ago when he wasn't exactly tearing it up for Solihull Moors??

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here's a mad idea.

Richarlison. 

Discuss. 

I’d definitely take him. He would look miserable all the time (or maybe that’s just everyone at Everton at the minute) but I think he’s very good, presses well, used to the lone striker role for Brazil underage teams, was very good at the Olympics (I know), and has a lot of room for improvement as well. 

7 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I’d definitely take him. He would look miserable all the time (or maybe that’s just everyone at Everton at the minute) but I think he’s very good, presses well, used to the lone striker role for Brazil underage teams, was very good at the Olympics (I know), and has a lot of room for improvement as well. 

Didn't they pay £50m for him though and probably wouldn't want to sell at a loss. I wouldn't look at him as a £50m striker??

5 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

We finished 11th last season and were in contention for Europe up until the final few weeks of the season.

I think you're mistaking us with the previous season but he's on about summer 2021. We weren't linked to Alvarez before that.

Ahhh my bad. The last two seasons blurred into one for me with project restart etc! 

I still think we weren't the required level to get him - he's a potential star player and he's got his move to a champions league team. Interesting to see how he does at Citeh next year. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Didn't they pay £50m for him though and probably wouldn't want to sell at a loss. I wouldn't look at him as a £50m striker??

There’s been talk about PSG buying Richarlison and even higher prices than that mentioned. I like him but if Villa want to break the bank for a striker there are other options

10 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here's a mad idea.

Richarlison. 

Discuss. 

good player, but tbh, he's a 1 in 4 striker for Everton, and to me he doesnt look like the type of striker who leads the line alone, to me he seems more of a second striker, or something.

But yeah, good player, but not for 40-50m imo.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

i thought it was 35m, rising to 40m or something.

But ye, can imagine they would want 40-50m for him, and for a 1 in 4 striker over 160 games in the PL (42 goals in 157 games), not sure thats good value.

11 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Here's a mad idea.

Richarlison. 

Discuss. 

Decent striker, but would be way overpriced. The values he was getting quoted for are mad considering his actual output although that may have been due to how young he was at the time. But he hasn't really kicked on since his early days so maybe the price has been lowered?

Edited by Laughable Chimp

9 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

There’s been talk about PSG buying Richarlison and even higher prices than that mentioned. I like him but if Villa want to break the bank for a striker there are other options

But are there other South American options? I only want us to sign South American footballers from now on.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

But are there other South American options? I only want us to sign South American footballers from now on.

Until he moves somewhere else I expect us to be linked to Firmino for Liverpool reasons.

• Like 1

In terms of style, I'd say Davies is the best suited to our system...

Potentially we will have Ings, Watkins, Bailey, Archer, Davies for one spot when 3 /4 would be more than adequate.  If things continue not to work out for Ings I'd be happy to get our money back on him to Newcastle maybe

Â