Our strikers for 2022/23

Tom13

17 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd keep Watkins and Ings, maybe add one. loan Archer out and sell the other two.

Thanks to Ben Mee, I'm afraid Wesley will never be what he was when he arrived and we need to let him go.

I think Davis might develop into a Premier league striker, but he needs to play in order to do that and we should probably let him go for his own good.

I'm not quite convinced that Archer will be a Premier League striker at the level we're after - although he has a chance of proving me wrong, he's already much better this season than I thought he had in him, another loan would prove it one way or the other.

Agree with this,

archer for 2022/23 though will be with us. His loan at Preston could decide that if he batters the championship. 

No point in waiting if he’s smashed double figures by the end of the season for them. 

27 minutes ago, allani said:

IF Buendia, Coutinho and JJ keep playing the way they are - I think there will be some smart strikers / agents out there thinking that they will get a hatful of chances with us.  A proper fox in the box type striker would have every chance of getting 20+ goals and either getting us into Europe or getting the attention of the big boys.

Could Ings be the fox in the box?

Just now, ender4 said:

Could Ings be the fox in the box?

I don't know.  He's not set the place on fire when he has started for us this season (apart from THAT goal on debut).  I would like to see him play in front of Coutinho and Buendia because we have probably not been playing to his strengths for large parts of the season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Erling Braut Haaland. 

‘takes his meds’ 

Erling Braut…… oops wrong meds.

His cousin Albert Tjåland is supposed to be a good prospect at 17. Get him in and can tell gullible new signings they can play with Haaland 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

I actually think Werner at Chelsea would be amazing in our system. Whether we could get him I doubt but his movement and link up play would be a perfect foil for Coutinho and Emi I think. 

BTW...I'd flog all our forwards bar Archer and Watkins. And yes, I'd deffo look to bring back Tammy if viable. 

35 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Timo Werner?

Is this a suggestion or are you mocking me :crylaugh:?

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No! If he’s available, he might be a decent shout? 

Fair play....you triggered me a little there. I agree I think he'd be perfect for us. The chance to play in front of Coutinho and Emi might be pretty tempting. 

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Fair play....you triggered me a little there. I agree I think he'd be perfect for us. The chance to play in front of Coutinho and Emi might be pretty tempting. 

I agree Werner could be a good fit for us. If we are to move forward we need to attract players of this quality. The idea that we can’t attract a player because ‘we are not good enough’ must not be allowed to get in the way of our development because if we do we will never be ‘good enough’.

14 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

I actually think Werner at Chelsea would be amazing in our system. Whether we could get him I doubt but his movement and link up play would be a perfect foil for Coutinho and Emi I think. 

I don't rate Werner, didn't even rate him in Germany. His linkup play isn't great at all.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I don't rate Werner, didn't even rate him in Germany. His linkup play isn't great at all.

Leipzig made a system that allowed him to use his pace but he was rarely the main striker and played from the left. His goal record was good but if you watched him you would see he needed about 6 chances for a goal

• Like 1

Somewhat ironically, Keinan Davis as he's currently playing for Forest would be absolutely perfect alongside the attacking threat of Coutinho/Buendia/Ramsey/other attacking players.  He does the hard work that we want Watkins to be doing but has a bit more presence about him (albeit, not the same movement that Ollie possesses).

I don't think we need to sign another striker - what we've got is good, we just need to make it work a bit better for us.

• Like 1

I love Watkins. Don't know if he's been figured out by teams, is just having a tough season, or his head has been turned.
If he isn't going to make the next step, then this summer might be his optimal value, and it's time for him to go.

Ings - more likely to be the back-up striker we keep than Watkins. 

Archer - keep. Nurture.

Davis - don't know. He can clearly do a job, but I suspect where we want to be is beyond his level.

Wesley - Go. And good luck.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Xela said:

Did we have a chance?

We may have enquired and he may have told us to GTFO! :D 

Why would he join a team that had just survived. 

We finished 11th last season and were in contention for Europe up until the final few weeks of the season.

I think you're mistaking us with the previous season but he's on about summer 2021. We weren't linked to Alvarez before that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

sell them all. Bring in Lacazette and Suarez on frees and then get them to teach Archer and Davis everything they know for a season. 

Davis has played with Tammy Abraham, Lewis Grabban , Danny Ings and Ollie Watkins, don’t you think he could have learnt anything from them? He’s 24 , as much as Iike the guy that ship has long sailed.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Somewhat ironically, Keinan Davis as he's currently playing for Forest would be absolutely perfect alongside the attacking threat of Coutinho/Buendia/Ramsey/other attacking players.

Not sure I agree with the type of striker that fits best with this bunch of creative players.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

I don't think we need to sign another striker - what we've got is good, we just need to make it work a bit better for us.

I think I’m on the fence with this.  In Ollie and Ings we have two strikers that could do the job but with Ollie it’s just not working so we need to give Ings a chance but maybe neither work in the system so while they are two very fine strikers in their own right, we’ll have assess at the end of the season whether they fit with Coutinho, Buendia and Ramsey.

Davis probably needs to be sold for his and our benefit because he’s not the level we need and so down to the likes of Archer and whether the coaching staff think he’s ready to contribute more next season.

We only have 16 games left and our current strikers don’t seem to be making a great case for themselves to be our starting striker next season so may need some transfer dealings.

Â