Weekends Football 4/6 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I thought Ronaldo’s finishing ability would carry him through but he looked way off tonight.

United are a club in a mess. 

I know. It’s a joy to watch isn’t it. 

Can’t believe we lost to this shower. 

• Like 4

I don't really get the 'can't believe we lost to United' type comments, they weren't in bad form when we played them and haven't been in bad form since. They've only lost one of the last ten in the league, and are fourth in the table over the same amount of games, only Liverpool and Man City have taken more points in that spell. Yes we could have beat them if things had have gone our way, but it's not as if we lost to some rubbish team that we should have been beating.

• Like 4

What were they doing with Sancho? He did his hamstring before the 90 was up, asked to come off.

Then they start the extra time and he’s still on the pitch, limping round but they did take Verane off for Jones. Then 9 mins into ET asks again to come off and they don’t even have a sub ready so he plays a bit longer injured. It was ridiculous.

Ralf has done nothing. Probably worse than they were under Ole.

Henderson and Lingard denied transfers in January. Rashford didn’t look happy. Ronaldo looks shot. Bruno a shadow of what he was. Maguire still captain. Joke club. 

Edited by Genie

I love that United started with Ronaldo, Fernandes, Sancho and Rashford and yet when it wasn't quite going their way in the second half, the commentary team had the bare faced cheek to say "They are actually missing players tonight. They could have done with Cavani here".  Unbelievable.

Now if the chasing pack can get their acts together and keep them out of the top four, we can look forward to a summer of panic, breakaways and rule changes.

51 minutes ago, useless said:

I don't really get the 'can't believe we lost to United' type comments, they weren't in bad form when we played them and haven't been in bad form since. They've only lost one of the last ten in the league, and are fourth in the table over the same amount of games, only Liverpool and Man City have taken more points in that spell. Yes we could have beat them if things had have gone our way, but it's not as if we lost to some rubbish team that we should have been beating.

It does take the fun out of the whole "club in crisis" thing realising they'll still have a better league finish than we have in the last 30 odd years.

1 hour ago, useless said:

I think it’s more the fact we haven’t beaten them at home since 1995 and they have put in a number of totally hopeless performances this season. Put it into the context of us being incredibly unlucky having played them off the park the game before the home game we drew then I think the comments to about not beating them is totally understandable!

Edited by Villa87

Â