Tegis

Pick your winner  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Smooth Burrow or Plucky Stafford

• Rams
    • Bengals

This poll is closed to new votes

4 hours ago, MNVillan said:

it’s a shame the refs started throwing flags to basically guarantee LA to score the game winning TD. I thought some of those were questionable calls, particularly the holding.

No chance that was a hold but I think the NFL wanted the Rams to win. Also they probably wanted to make up for the Jalen Ramsey face mask that wasn't called. Overall the Ref's were the worse thing about it, apart from the always terrible halftime show. 

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

No chance that was a hold but I think the NFL wanted the Rams to win. Also they probably wanted to make up for the Jalen Ramsey face mask that wasn't called. Overall the Ref's were the worse thing about it, apart from the always terrible halftime show. 

They ain't as bad as Premier League football refs.

Just now, rjw63 said:

They ain't as bad as Premier League football refs.

They were last night, and generally have been bad all season. The "hold" was a joke call and missing the facemask on Jalen Ramsey was another shocker. I assume they were told not to throw their flags unless absolutely necessary and then near the end of the game they started panicking because they hadn't called anything for most of the game so they started throwing around flags like confetti. 

• Shocked 1

the 2 bad calls from the highlights kind of cancelled each other out even if they were at different times of the game, the non facemask was an awful call, same as PL VAR i dont understnad why some things can be reviewed but not others, they must have looked at it but been unable to call it under the rules

HT show was the best in years, the set design was incredible 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the 2 bad calls from the highlights kind of cancelled each other out even if they were at different times of the game, the non facemask was an awful call, same as PL VAR i dont understnad why some things can be reviewed but not others, they must have looked at it but been unable to call it under the rules

HT show was the best in years, the set design was incredible 

The difference is, not calling the facemask was in accordance with how the rest of the game was officiated. They let literally everything go. And as shitty as it was for the Rams, they still had tonnes of time to get back.

In the final drive, the Rams had 7 shots at the endzone, 100% down to the random and sudden change of officiating, that gave Cincy barely any time to get back into it.

It's a subtle difference but it's key.

5 hours ago, villa89 said:

It's not artificial, everyone else has the same opportunity they have. 

In theory, yes. In practice, no.

Not every team plays in Los Angeles. I think you're underestimating how HUGE a pull the glitz and glamor (and year-round weather) of LA is for multi-millionaire sport stars. Detroit, for example, would have an particularly hard time pulling this off because it's such a depressing/down-trodden/cold place to live.

The Lakers have a long track record of this too. Entice players out of their current deals with the lure of living in Los Angeles. That's the sell and it works.

Edited by Beastmix
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

In theory, yes. In practice, no.

Not every team plays in Los Angeles.

Both New York teams are woeful, and the chargers dont seem to be any major draw. If the rams have any advantage its minor at best. I dont think the comparison with the lakers is comparable, and the players want to play with lebron because he gives them a good chance to win a championship. It was the same with tom brady. 

Detroit's problem is they've been a car crash for a long time now. Also in the NFL you can live somewhere else for 6 months of the year. If a team gets itself organized and run well players will want to go there and play. Lots of players will want to go to the bengals now for example. 

On 01/02/2022 at 20:34, KMitch said:

As the forum's only Detroit Lions fan, I'm proud to say the entire city supports Matty Stafford and hopes he gets his ring.  After 12 years of being ignored by everyone playing for our shitty franchise, he deserves at least one Super Bowl title.  

image.jpeg.734ed28b0892bfddfa6fd42f259038a7.jpeg

Happy for Stafford...  Now back to hating the world again and wondering if the Lions will ever turn things around in my lifetime...  You think supporting the Villa is tough, try being a Detroit Lions fan...  🤣

• Like 2

3 hours ago, villa89 said:

Both New York teams are woeful, and the chargers dont seem to be any major draw. If the rams have any advantage its minor at best. I dont think the comparison with the lakers is comparable, and the players want to play with lebron because he gives them a good chance to win a championship. It was the same with tom brady. 

Detroit's problem is they've been a car crash for a long time now. Also in the NFL you can live somewhere else for 6 months of the year. If a team gets itself organized and run well players will want to go there and play. Lots of players will want to go to the bengals now for example. 

New York, although popular, doesn't get the weather though. It's freezing during football season. Therefore, it's not quite as attractive, especially to aging stars who want some general day-to-day comfort. This is how Tampa are able to attract top names so easily.

The comparison with the Lakers does hold up because I'm going back far longer than Lebron's time there.

As for the Chargers, they clearly chose not to adopt the same methodology. If the Rams are Tampa, then the Chargers are Miami.

2 hours ago, MCU said:

Still trying to learn this sport. What am I looking at here? Did they go early?

Yeah, look at the four line men who dont have the ball. They all move before the ball does which is called a false start and should be a 5 yard penalty. That replay could be slowed down to make it look worse than it was though, I didn't notice it in real time. 

4 hours ago, villa89 said:

Detroit's problem has always been our ownership.  William Clay Ford Sr. was notorious for being one of the most uninterested, unattached owners in the NFL who would routinely pick the worst/most incompetent candidate for the General Manager position every single time.  After his death, his wife Martha continued in this fashion until after the end of the 20-21 season, when she handed things off to her daughter Sheila Ford Hamp.  Sheila is our beacon of hope, because unlike her parents, she's been an extremely active owner and seems to be involved in everything herself.  

7 hours ago, villa89 said:

Yeah, but why did you think LeBron wanted to go there 😉

• Like 1

Â