Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, pete101 said:

Smith-Rowe , I know it's not gonna happen but isn't it time we started trolling arsenal for another summer?

Mentioned it yesterday but if there were a player we were to annoy Arsenal again over it'd be Saliba for me. Hugely unlikely they'd want to sell him to another PL side - if at all - but I saw talk that he could be available for around €30-ish million which could be a steal if he carries on his form from Marseille where he's been an absolute joke this season. Won YPOTY, named in team of the year and in the same team as Kamara at that which could be a help.👀

Obligatory YouTube scenes:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

How good is Belotti?

He’s not.

As I’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, he's an older, slower, less efficient version of what we already have. Had one outstanding season five years ago and over 30% of his goals since have come on penalties.

Edited by VillaHatesMe
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Mentioned it yesterday but if there were a player we were to annoy Arsenal again over it'd be Saliba for me. Hugely unlikely they'd want to sell him to another PL side - if at all - but I saw talk that he could be available for around €30-ish million which could be a steal if he carries on his form from Marseille where he's been an absolute joke this season. Won YPOTY, named in team of the year and in the same team as Kamara at that which could be a help.👀

Obligatory YouTube scenes:

Apparently he'd like to go back to Marsielle but they are unlikely to be able to afford him. He has only two years left on his Arsenal contract, so I reckon they'd sell if they got a good offer.

1 hour ago, VillaHatesMe said:

He’s not.

As I’ve mentioned earlier in this thread, he's an older, slower, less efficient version of what we already have. Had one outstanding season five years ago and over 30% of his goals since have come on penalties.

Agreed.  Italy have a massive shortage of top quality strikers which is the only reason why the likes of Belotti and Immobile have got anywhere near the national team.  I've watched Belotti a few times and I have yet to find a single thing about his game that I think is decent.  He's like a really poor version of Keinan Davis but without any of his redeeming qualities / potential.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allani said:

Agreed.  Italy have a massive shortage of top quality strikers which is the only reason why the likes of Belotti and Immobile have got anywhere near the national team.  I've watched Belotti a few times and I have yet to find a single thing about his game that I think is decent.  He's like a really poor version of Keinan Davis but without any of his redeeming qualities / potential.  

I think that’s harsh on Belotti. He’s hit double figures in all but this season for Torino, and he’s played for Torino teams that are at best mid table and at worst relegation candidates.

10 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I think that’s harsh on Belotti. He’s hit double figures in all but this season for Torino, and he’s played for Torino teams that are at best mid table and at worst relegation candidates.

At the same time there is a reason that none of the better teams in Serie A have signed him.  From what I have seen - he has no real pace, he's not that good in the air, his touch (for an Italian) is nothing to write home about and he doesn't seem very good at making space for himself.  I guess that the one plus point he does have is that he is pretty good from the penalty spot - which is why his scoring record looks artificially good.  He'd look dreadful playing anywhere near Coutinho and Emi2 and would detract from their skills and strengths.  So far removed from what we need - which is a striker with quick feet, good acceleration to burst through onto slide passes from Emi and Coutinho and a good temperament in front of goal.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Re: Suarez, he doesn't play ninety minutes anymore...

But he's a winner....impact substitute, occasional starter, experience and mentor for the squad and the likes of Archer, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka etc.

One season deal, yeah I can see the logic.

Another #bornwinner? We’ll be unstoppable.

7 hours ago, HeyAnty said:

I’d go for Gabriel Jesus if i was Gerard. Think he is wanting to go to London though and probably wanting crazy wages.

Going to Arsenal. all agreed.

5 hours ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

If Suarez is incoming surely one goes though?

Watkins is going nowhere!

Unless - Suarez, Watkins, Ings, Archer

Davis on loan?

I'd have thought Davis to be sold and Archer out on loan for 12 months?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You don't miss the old days of going full panic mode and throwing on all the strikers when we are losing ?

Having 4 panic strikers is the dream. Lol

Real panic mode was throwing Scimeca or Samba up front! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

After blowing their loads on Mbappe, apparently PSG are open to bids for Neymar.

What we sayin ? lol

I know you are joking but I'm not sure he could hack it in the Premier League. 

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just read that apparently we still want Bissouma.

@Delphinho123 i'm shocked you're not on this.

My number 1 target for the rest of the window. No disrespect to the likes of Countinho and Bailey but neither give you much defensively, and I don’t really want to see Ramsey 50 yard from goal either. A solid base of Kamara and Bissouma allows all of our attacking talent to do what they do best.