Villa Memberships

weedman

So I have a membership for the club (I think claret membership) just for priority access to tickets (I don't get to go often so it's nice to know I can get a ticket when I'm available). Long story short, I'm planning on taking the wife to the Watford game but I only have 1 membership (usually a mate also does it so we use each others but he hasn't this year). 

I'd like to get tickets before the season ticket holders take them all, there's about 300 different memberships to choose from, does anyone know the cheapest membership to get early tickets, or does anyone have a membership that they aren't using for the game that I could borrow this once? 

Appreciate any help guys, thanks all! 

1 hour ago, weedman said:

So I have a membership for the club (I think claret membership) just for priority access to tickets (I don't get to go often so it's nice to know I can get a ticket when I'm available). Long story short, I'm planning on taking the wife to the Watford game but I only have 1 membership (usually a mate also does it so we use each others but he hasn't this year). 

I'd like to get tickets before the season ticket holders take them all, there's about 300 different memberships to choose from, does anyone know the cheapest membership to get early tickets, or does anyone have a membership that they aren't using for the game that I could borrow this once? 

Appreciate any help guys, thanks all! 

There's only 6 memberships.    

2 are for kids, 1 for the women's game.  

From the other 3, Claret gets you priority tickets, Claret Lite doesn't give you priority tickets and nor does Global membership. 

So the only one for priority tickets is Claret membership.

1 hour ago, weedman said:

does anyone have a membership that they aren't using for the game that I could borrow this once? 

I'm not sure how we can give you our membership without either giving you login details to our account, or buying the ticket for you. 

If there was an easy way to solve that issue, then i'm sure there will be lots of available memberships not being used.

2 hours ago, ender4 said:

I'm not sure how we can give you our membership without either giving you login details to our account, or buying the ticket for you. 

If there was an easy way to solve that issue, then i'm sure there will be lots of available memberships not being used.

Oh I just assumed our accounts could just be linked to purchase the tickets then unlinked afterwards, I did this for a cup final once a few years back to get an extra ticket. 

To be honest I remember years ago when I had a ST someone said they always bought a children's ST as it was cheap, then simply upgraded to an adult ticket for the games they could go to as they couldn't make them all, I wasn't sure if that would be an option with the memberships as well? If I bought a junior membership then an adult ticket on it would that work? 

5 minutes ago, weedman said:

To be honest I remember years ago when I had a ST someone said they always bought a children's ST as it was cheap, then simply upgraded to an adult ticket for the games they could go to as they couldn't make them all, I wasn't sure if that would be an option with the memberships as well? If I bought a junior membership then an adult ticket on it would that work? 

Yes, i have a couple of kids memberships and have bought child tickets with them, then rang the ticket office and upgraded the seat to an adult when the kids don't want to come. 

The only issue that could be a problem is that you can't buy a child ticket without buying an adult ticket at the same time.  You also can't buy child tickets in certain parts of the ground. 

8 minutes ago, weedman said:

Oh I just assumed our accounts could just be linked to purchase the tickets then unlinked afterwards, I did this for a cup final once a few years back to get an extra ticket. 

Maybe. But with the new digital accounts, it was such a faff to link the accounts in the first place. Took multiple phone calls and emails to the ticket office. 

You also can't link into 2 groups at the same time. So for example, my membership is linked with another 7 memberships. I would either need to add you to our group if you aren't already part of a group, or i would have to leave my current group to become part of your group.  

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

There must be a simpler way of buying tickets surely ?

Nope.   Its pretty difficult to get tickets if you don't have a season ticket or don't have memberships for everyone who might want a ticket.

The demand is sky high for every match.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Nope.   Its pretty difficult to get tickets if you don't have a season ticket or don't have memberships for everyone who might want a ticket.

The demand is sky high for every match.

I have a season ticket. So doesn't affect me. 

But I would have thought there is either a seat for sale or there isn't

- all this different membership schemes just seems like an admin nightmare.

1 hour ago, hippo said:

I have a season ticket. So doesn't affect me. 

But I would have thought there is either a seat for sale or there isn't

- all this different membership schemes just seems like an admin nightmare.

It’s pretty simple. All 8,000 seats are for sale. They go on sale to priority members first and usually sell out during the priority window.   

To get tickets during the priority ticket window, you need a membership. Either an adult one or a kids one.  

That’s it really.

1 hour ago, villanwesty88 said:

If I buy a membership does it last for 12 months? Or does it go season to season? Want to get one but would wait till the new season if it is the latter

I came on here to ask this exact same question. I'm looking to go to the Watford game and possibly another home one before the end of the season (new dad of twin boys has made getting to games difficult) but it doesn't make sense to spend £40 on a membership for potentially one game especially if it runs out in 4 months. If it's for 12 months from date of purchase then I'd do it.

So, any help in solving this is greatly appreciated.

Edited by roonst83
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villanwesty88 said:

If I buy a membership does it last for 12 months? Or does it go season to season? Want to get one but would wait till the new season if it is the latter

1 hour ago, roonst83 said:

I came on here to ask this exact same question. I'm looking to go to the Watford game and possibly another home one before the end of the season (new dad of twin boys has made getting to games difficult) but it doesn't make sense to spend £40 on a membership for potentially one game especially if it runs out in 4 months. If it's for 12 months from date of purchase then I'd do it.

So, any help in solving this is greatly appreciated.

I have just purchased a membership for my other half. She wanted to go to a game with me, but I couldn't buy a ticket for her for the Watford match without her being a member which was a pain in the @rse.

Anyhow, looking at the details on her online acount the membership runs for 12 months from the date of purchase. So hers will run out this time next year, whereas mine purchased last summer will run out in July .

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I have just purchased a membership for my other half. She wanted to go to a game with me, but I couldn't buy a ticket for her for the Watford match without her being a member which was a pain in the @rse.

Anyhow, looking at the details on her online acount the membership runs for 12 months from the date of purchase. So hers will run out this time next year, whereas mine purchased last summer will run out in July .

Thank you much appreciated. That's a bit frustrating that everyone who wants to go has to be a member! Modern day football I suppose!

14 minutes ago, villanwesty88 said:

Thank you much appreciated. That's a bit frustrating that everyone who wants to go has to be a member! Modern day football I suppose!

Yeah It is frustrating that you can't buy for a guest, we would have had to wait until general sale if we wanted to book three seats together and tickets are selling quickly so didn't want to risk it. With the sheer volume of members and season ticket holders that we now have I understand the reasoning why it is that way.

I feel consoled by the fact that at least we have good owners now who are backing the club financially rather than lining their own pockets, so I won't complain too much. Hopefully with upcoming ground improvements we will have a larger capacity to make things a little easier to get tickets.

Quick question about this, how long does it take to be able to book a ticket under your membership once you've purchased it? It say s72 hours for the pack to arrive in the post etc, but if I purchase the claret membership today can I purchase a ticket for the Watford game today? Will the online system recognise this, does anyone know?

48 minutes ago, roonst83 said:

Quick question about this, how long does it take to be able to book a ticket under your membership once you've purchased it? It say s72 hours for the pack to arrive in the post etc, but if I purchase the claret membership today can I purchase a ticket for the Watford game today? Will the online system recognise this, does anyone know?

The best way would be to purchase your membership then ring the ticket office

• Like 1

Â