Match Thread: Everton v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, sne said:

He needs as much football as possible to get back in form and he fits the formation Gerrard wants to play so fully get why he starts. Just need to be patient and I don't expect him to get 90 mins.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

I was just saying it's typical of our bloody luck. Why do managers always get binned just before they play us? 

With Rafa they would all be down a d the crowd rebellious. 

its probably a good thing this game was not an 20:00 kick off as then the momentum would definitely be with Everton fans in the stadium who would back their team. Think this one could go either way really as its been a good game of football so far but back our quality to be the decisive factor

Ramsey is really looking more and more a key player every game. His confidence is increasing and as a result the other players are looking for him more often and he's more confident to drive with the ball and take players on. Really excited by what he can be in a couple years.

Noticed Richarlison flash a rare smile during the warm up when he greeted Coutinho but looks back to his miserable old self again now so expect a yellow card out of frustration any minute now.

Buendia is going to be very good for us in the near future, he will drive forward and allow opportunities for through balls to the players up top. i'm glad he gambles sometimes, might not always come off but when it does then that is the difference between draws and wins potentially.

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

Feels like Ramsey has a reputation with refs that he's a diver even though I can't remember him ever doing anything particularly egregious, he doesn't get anything no matter how obvious the foul.

Guilty of having good feet.

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

Ramsey is really looking more and more a key player every game. His confidence is increasing and as a result the other players are looking for him more often and he's more confident to drive with the ball and take players on. Really excited by what he can be in a couple years.

...and then he does that pass. Which is why I said in a couple years 😅

2 minutes ago, a m ole said:

It would have been an obvious dive so not sure he deserves plaudits, although to be fair most would.

He almost lost his balance there, many others would've given it a try. But enough of that.

• Like 1