• Watkins
    • Coutinho
    • Chukwuemeka (Coutinho 74)
    • Ings (Watkins 79)
    • Hause (Buendía 90)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/01/22 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Second half was the worst one we had since SG took over.  Watkins and Mings extra poor. McGinn missing.  Some good interplay between Buendia, Ramsey and Coutinho in the first half, but not much else to be excited about.  Still have a long way to go to be a dangerous side.

Thought the second half showed the defence at possibly its best this season. NB we kept a clean sheet under a lot of pressure. That wasn’t happening earlier in the season. 

Good result, decent gritty performance.

Still concerned that I haven’t seen us put together a full game performance this season.

Shattered Sanson wasn’t given an opportunity, feel like it would have done his confidence a world of good and his hold up play and possession in the middle of the park was exactly what we needed in the 2nd half.

• Like 2

That was a tough game for us. They were too physical, direct and pumped up. It was always going to be tough. We deserved a bit of luck. I reckon the bottle incident unsettled us and the thuggery of some of their play which the ref did nothing about. Take the points and move on. Banana skin well and truly avoided.

• Like 3

We did well to grind that out. Everton were re-energised under Ferguson and fought for everything, much more heart in their performance, but we had more, we matched them and showed the only period of quality in a tight, competitive fixture. Still some sloppiness and things still not quite clicking. Thought Everton were OK and better than relegation fodder.

Maybe Watkins star is fading, unsure what Gerrard thinks, but not a huge amount to feed on today, but he didn’t help himself either. Mings wasn’t at his best and I would suggest is now playing for his career. 

I think I would rather have seen Coutinho coming on against tired legs early in the second half. 

Digne was nullified (or a difficult return so shortly after his switch), better will come from him.

I expect the improved Leeds to show up next just as Man Utd and Everton have done so far.

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Thought we got away with one.

Everton deserved at least a draw on balance of play.

But I'll gladly take that.

You expected us to lose before hand. Everton deserved a point in a Wimbledon’s style loads of effort and ball thrown in to the box at any chance kind of way.   

Gritty, dirty match from Everton, who dragged us down to their level somewhat.

Was sorry to see Gomez leave and Allan come on as the former is gash and the latter added even more grit.

Still - we stayed strong though that second half wasn't pretty.

Buendia MOTM. Special mention to the back 4 who did a lot to block efforts and deny Everton a sniff.

BT* doing a great job highlighting these poor Everton fans who deserve better, while a number of their fans hurled bottles and lighters at our players for absolutely no reason. Great passion.

Edited by a m ole

We rode our luck but we ground out this win. Says much about the character around the club.

Buendia had an excellent first half and Ramsey is getting better with every game. Cash was excellent throughout.

Very important 3 points.

Â