Best TV theme tunes

Xela

30 minutes ago, choffer said:

Always preferred the sweeney post episode theme, showing the credits...nice and mellow 

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Always preferred the sweeney post episode theme, showing the credits...nice and mellow 

Yes you beat me to it.
Although the main title sequence is really good the ending theme has a tinge of melancholia to it(which is quite difficult to spell after some wine)that seems to  suit the themes in the programme and often they didn’t win.

ough

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Xann said:

Stourport's Neil Richardson.

Great use of stopped horn ;) Always thought it was written for the show and not part of a piece. You learn something new everyday etc.

Imagine my surprise the 1st time I played Mahler 7 and suddenly the French horns started playing the Castrol GTX advert :D

(Spoilered as it's off topic)

Spoiler

• Like 1

"Watching for attacks from alien galaxies from beyond space" WTF?! :crylaugh:

Imagine being a violinist and turning up on the session to see that chicken scratch! No thank you :D

Nice super F at the end from the lead trumpet!

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Like 2

Growing up, I always remember parents watching Miami Vice (great theme tune), Dallas and Cagney & Lacey. But a weird one I remember was Tales of the Unexpected. Funny dancing silhouettes and a little bit scary back then for me.

Most of my favourites have been said already (The A Team, Airwolf, Magnum PI) but I’ll never forget the Grange Hill theme tune and Robin of Sherwood on a Saturday afternoon. I think Clannad did the theme tune for that?

• Like 1

60's theme tunes are always the best. Some of my faves have already been covered (Persuaders, Department S, Randall & Hopkirk).

Here are other classics:

• Like 2

Â