Pre-Match Thread

Kingman

Yeah could have done with Rafa holding on for another week. Never mind, we should be looking to beat Everton regardless of who’s in charge. I think we’ll start to see some form come together now. Villa win, and onwards and upwards. 

• Like 3

I am relieved. Rafa is a very good manager (he has beat us enough times). Our chances of winning just went up in my view. My hope is that Everton regards this games as a free hit for a new manager or an interim one. That "its ok to lose this one" mentality is a good thing for us. Also as the agent Rafa skit said "I sold our best player to Aston Villa, guess who we play next? (giggle)."

Calvert Lewin is still dangerous af though. If anyone is gonna win it for them it will be him.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Gerrard will get another lovely reception from the home crowd.

He loves it though doesnt he? :)

Although I think it will be all  be good natured enough. I could be wrong but my understanding is its not a particularly bitter or mean spirited rivalry.

I remember when this made the news (Liverpool players visiting a sick child Everton fan so please no bad jokes) and Liverpool and Toffees fans were not surprised or weirded out at all, shrug. 

1801266568_download(50).jpg.b6a392aa144a0bd64a9b20feb8deae5b.jpg

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

Ideally could have done with Rafa still being in charge for this as was feeling confident of a win but no doubt they will get some sort of manager bounce this weekend whether its a new permanent manager or if Duncan Ferguson is interim (pretty sure he did well as interim last time). 

Don't play for a while after this game so be nice to go into the break with a win. 

Oh lawdy lawd, I'm confident again. Nurse! It's happening.

Surely Shirley we have to beat these no matter that Rafa is gone. They're in disarray, and we're showing serious signs of swagger.

Our line-up will be interesting, with McGinn back in contention and Coutinho presumably closer to a start. Hopefully Konsa recovers. I have a suspicion Ings might make way. I want him to, but after the United performance I think it's hard to justify picking him if others are fit.

Calvert-Lewin hasn't scored since game 3 so there's absolutely no chance Villa will facilitate him breaking his duck is there? Is there?

2-0 Villa.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Coutinho is fit enough to start:

-----------------------------Martinez-----------------------------

Cash-------------Konsa-------------Mings---------Digne

----------McGinn-----------Luiz-----------Ramsey--------

------------------Buendia--------Coutinho------------------

-------------------------------Watkins---------------------------

if not, I'd start Chukwuemeka in there.

subs Steer, Hause, Young, Kesler-Hayden, Targett, Sanson, Chukwuemeka, Ings, Iroegbanum.

Would pick exactly the same! 

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think this will be a good game, maybe a 2-1 to us

Hope so mate! 🤞

I really hope the Everton CEO doesn't appoint a new manager before Sunday!!! A new manager bounce will be a serious blow to us and make Rafa's sacking such unlucky timing. This seems to happen to us so often?!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

No it doesn't. The new manager bounce is a myth. They've got a shit squad shit 11 shit attitude and shit confidence.

They're shite.

I like the way you said shit 4 times, then concluded with shite for emphasis.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Oh lawdy lawd, I'm confident again. Nurse! It's happening.

Surely Shirley we have to beat these no matter that Rafa is gone. They're in disarray, and we're showing serious signs of swagger.

Our line-up will be interesting, with McGinn back in contention and Coutinho presumably closer to a start. Hopefully Konsa recovers. I have a suspicion Ings might make way. I want him to, but after the United performance I think it's hard to justify picking him if others are fit.

Calvert-Lewin hasn't scored since game 3 so there's absolutely no chance Villa will facilitate him breaking his duck is there? Is there?

2-0 Villa.

I'd much rather he was still there as their atmosphere would be stinking.

Hope we don't get Big Dunc'd.

• Like 1