Playoffs 2021-22: Wild Card Weekend

Tegis

Just now, Beastmix said:

I guess on this occasion they thought it best to have an official physically prevent us from spiking the ball.

They have to, you cant spot the ball yourself. Dak messed up by not giving it to the umpire. And it's a super risky play to run it up the middle with no timeouts

Just now, Tegis said:

They have to, you cant spot the ball yourself. Dak messed up by not giving it to the umpire. And it's a super risky play to run it up the middle with no timeouts

The ref was practically walking to get to the line of scrimmage. In a situation like that, they should be sprinting (irrespective of what team it is).

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

im not sure anyone who's ever played dallas would agree that the refs screw them over

thats like man utd fans moaning they dont get enough penalties

What? Most penalties go against the Cowboys (we're statistically the most penalised team in the NFL in each of the past two years)

A few (of many) other controversies:

- "Dez's Catch" (which the committee later admitted should have been ruled a catch)

- The game where we were getting half the time on the game clock.

http://wp.usatodaysports.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/90/2013/12/dallasplayclockresetsincorrectly.gif

and, more recently, the obvious fumble at the end of the game vs the Cardinals two weeks ago.

The refs couldn't make it to the line of scrimmage any slower at the end last night, but then sprinted off the field at the end of the game. To quote Dak:
"The fans felt the same way as us," Prescott said after the game. "I guess that’s why the refs took off and got out of there so fast. I think everybody is upset with the way this thing played out.”

I've watched the ending again and I still stand by my original opinion. The first alternative angle replay shows the ref take the ball, then he dithers around with it for, like, a full second (rubbing it on the turf, for whatever reason) and then gives it to us.

Entirely on the official. There's nothing more to it. It is what it is.

39 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

I've watched the ending again and I still stand by my original opinion. The first alternative angle replay shows the ref take the ball, then he dithers around with it for, like, a full second (rubbing it on the turf, for whatever reason) and then gives it to us.

Entirely on the official. There's nothing more to it. It is what it is.

I know it hurts to lose that way  , but that was solely on the players / play caller , it was a terrible play call , nothing more 

of course had the officials not given you 6 extra seconds after the 49'ers Time out , you might not have run that play  and gone down the "hail mary" route , maybe even got 2 attempts 

Â