Ings/Watkins together

pete101

Clear as day this ain't an option. 

Both were awful tonight. Watkins improved once Ings went off. To be fair, the whole team did. 

Ings is no doubt the better finisher but I'd pick Watkins on his workrate. Just a shame he appears to have inflatable feet and can't control a ball. 

It's one or the other now, not both. 

• Like 2

Ings/Watkins

Coutinho - Buendia

If that's not the setup against Everton then I'll be very concerned with whatever Gerrard is trying to do. It's clear as day they can't work together, Coutinho will be ready to start by next week so there's absolutely no excuse for it. Watkins and Ings are frankly both as shit as each other at this point so I don't care who starts just make sure it's only one of them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Ings/Watkins

Coutinho - Buendia

If that's not the setup against Everton then I'll be very concerned with whatever Gerrard is trying to do. It's clear as day they can't work together, Coutinho will be ready to start by next week so there's absolutely no excuse for it. Watkins and Ings are frankly both as shit as each other at this point so I don't care who starts just make sure it's only one of them. 

I doubt he will be ready for next week, another 2 I expect, he clearly isn’t fully fit (despite that performance)

4 minutes ago, By the arse of McGinn said:

I’d drop the pair of them. Watkins needs too many chances to score and has the first touch of a rapist. Ings is a great finisher, but just doesn’t have the work rate to be effective in our system. 

To play archer as starter in next game mmmmm good suggest .. Give new start and give they fuel to fight as starter but ings might good idea when Buendia and Coutinho behind ings vs most team that swap Watkins top 6 as we will chase ball more which Watkins better in this.

46 minutes ago, Danny_Villaman84 said:

To play archer as starter in next game mmmmm good suggest .. Give new start and give they fuel to fight as starter but ings might good idea when Buendia and Coutinho behind ings vs most team that swap Watkins top 6 as we will chase ball more which Watkins better in this.

I’m pretty sure Archer is still our top scorer this season too! 

It's a tough one. I'd probably go with Ings. He can't press like Ollie but he is the better finisher. Ollie has poor decision making and needs multiple chances to score. He reminds of Andy Cole in that respect. Cole was more prolific over his career though. 

• Like 1

One cant run, one cant pass. Not good enough from either. Playing them both isnt the point right now. Its whether either of them should start at all. Right now they could both be dropped and I would be fine with it. It might do them some good.

We need more from both of them. Much more. And Ollie can drop the attitude.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

We have two good options to be the starting striker in our 4-3-2-1. One should be playing, one should be on the bench, determined by form, fitness and opponent. Easy. 

I think with Coutinho coming in this will be the case from next week as Coutinho and Buendia will start behind one striker…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â