Pre-match thread

mottaloo

I'm not confident, feels like after how well we played on Monday that was our big chance to beat them, but we couldn't take our chances, can't see us outplaying them twice in the same week. People talk about them not being very good and it being a good time to play them, but they're still in better form than us, they've actually won three of their last five.

Would be happy with a draw, just to arrest this run of defeats that we're on. Hoping for better though.

7 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I've been excited for this game all week.  Now it's here I'm getting Man Utd PTSD and expecting us to lose.

It’s inevitable I’m afraid! Been hoping for a surprise for about 30 years! 

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Did you watch Targett on Monday night? :D

Yep! Fair enough but Targett has been excellent for us for a long time really, he's been a great signing.

**** huge game for Sanson as well.

• Like 1

can only ever by nervous playing United. We so rarely ever have good fortune and I suspect we used a decade's worth up with the win at Old Trafford. 

Nevertheless stuck a fiver on Jacob R to score anytime. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Blimey, even Purslow just admitted live on air, that Coutinho wouldnt have signed for Villa unless Gerrard was here, as he was the pull.

And then spun it around rightfully so on the fact we recruited Steven Gerrard for this reason.

Just now, DCJonah said:

I'm not feeling confident. We still seem to lack that bit of quality, decision making or luck in the final 3rd. 

Hopefully we click today , it’s been a season of nearly there time to change the nearly 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Manchester United have scored the opening goal in 33 Premier League games against Aston Villa, winning 32 and drawing one of those matches. It's the most a team has opened the scoring without losing against a side in the competition's history...

Just shows how shit we were under Doug & Lerner.   Times are different now...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Manchester United have scored the opening goal in 33 Premier League games against Aston Villa, winning 32 and drawing one of those matches. It's the most a team has opened the scoring without losing against a side in the competition's history...

Sweet. 

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Blimey, even Purslow just admitted live on air, that Coutinho wouldnt have signed for Villa unless Gerrard was here, as he was the pull.

I tried to be fair to the club, I don’t think it was a crazy prospect, but yeah I’m retrospect he likely didn’t consider any other bids after Steven had a word.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

The age profile thing is telling too, if we get a good mix then fair enough but making a u-turn on what has been an awesome youth policy would be nuts. If Gerrard is doing that then the idea that he wants to get some success in the sort term...

Edited by romavillan