Pre-match thread

mottaloo

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Disregarding the whole referees/VAR business for a moment. I know everyone's saying MU will be worse for having Maguire, Sancho and Ronaldo back, but they really won't. And we'll be without McGinn. This will be a considerably harder team to beat than the side that robbed us in the cup. On the other hand home advantage, the revenge factor, and possible cameos from Digne and Coutinho. Wouldn't like to call it. 

The flip side of that mate is that they are without Mctominay (sp?) and Shaw who imo were the only 2 UTD players that looked half decent on Monday. 

Ronaldo returning also probably means Cavani missing out and I honestly think Cavani suits them better in terms of pressing. 

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I don’t think I can remember a pre match thread that’s so positive. That can only go well! 

Always seems to be when the team sheet comes out that negative comments come out when it’s not the formation/players individuals want, so a couple more hours with positivity before some negativity comes in.

3 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

....true. Can't wait for the Ings / Watkins partnership discussion when the team's announced.

Funny thing is it was the last game we’ve seen them most effective playing together all season, still not a fan of the partnership though and would prefer Ings down the middle alone but lack of options at the moment probably means Ings ,Watkins and Buendia again.

17 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

Mike Dean reffed us recently can’t remember who but I was pleasantly surprised good he reffed best referee performance in years. 

It was Man City. 

He's a United employee, so that would make sense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

McGinn is suspended right?

Wonder who will take his slot.

Such a big slot to fill.

Hopefully they can crack it open and find some space.

I’ve just been to Think Tank at Millennium point with my son and the Man Utd team bus was outside the hotel there (the Clayton is it?) saw a couple of non-playing staff, thought about hanging around and heckling the players … but they probably would’ve got awarded penalty for that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I’ve just been to Think Tank at Millennium point with my son and the Man Utd team bus was outside the hotel there (the Clayton is it?) saw a couple of non-playing staff, thought about hanging around and heckling the players … but they probably would’ve got awarded penalty for that

For services provided to cross country thespianism, you should have presented them with an Emi.

Emiliano Martínez Goal Aston Villa GIF - Emiliano Martínez Goal Aston Villa Goalkeeper GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1