Pre-match thread

mottaloo

Last 4 home games vs these rotters Bruno the rat has scored a penalty, I fancy we will outplay them for the most part, they WILL get aid from the ref and so we need to score at least 2 unquestionable goals to have a chance of the 3 points. We can do this.

Never forget the time we were 2 up and about 15 mins to go, my throat sore screaming abuse at them. Then Nistelrooy came on and scored a hattrick

I fancy our chances today, but have to wait the full 90 or 100 mins until its over 

Edited by Robtaylor200

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Last 4 home games vs these rotters Bruno the rat has scored a penalty, I fancy we will outplay them for the most part, they WILL get aid from the ref and so we need to score at least 2 unquestionable goals to have a chance of the 3 points. We can do this.

It's so predictable, how many times have they walked away with a win against us due to dodgy officiating?

You shouldn't need to be better than the opposition by two clear and un-VAR-able goals, to get a positive result, it's not football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

It's so predictable, how many times have they walked away with a win against us due to dodgy officiating?

You shouldn't need to be better than the opposition by two clear and un-VAR-able goals, to get a positive result, it's not football.

It is happening though and they are getting away with murder. I've seen teams effectively give up half way through the second half after injustices have turned games, you can see it on players and managers faces, like this is unfair, what's the point. The media infuriate me, they highlight it, shrug their shoulders and onto the next one, they should be calling this out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Phil Silvers said:

It is happening though and they are getting away with murder. I've seen teams effectively give up half way through the second half after injustices have turned games, you can see it on players and managers faces, like this is unfair, what's the point. The media infuriate me, they highlight it, shrug their shoulders and onto the next one, they should be calling this out.

I think what infuriates me the most is these big teams already have so many advantages over the rest, they shouldn't even need any help from the officials, or the FA or whoever, to stay ahead.

After the Super League fiasco they just wanted everything to return to normal for a while before they try it again, but the cat is out of the bag and fans that had become apathetic to them are now becoming more disillusioned.

Edited by Teale's 'tache
  • Like 2

Look like the general public are expecting us to win, and to be fair, even Utd fans I know have said we’ll win.spacer.png

there’s a feeling in the air that this will be our day to finally do it. But something you just know will consprire against us. We got the win at OT earlier this season, sort of feels like thats it for the next 12 years, thats all we’ll be allowed. VAR operators have been prepped.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Sorry, lads, we're going to lose. 

Lawro has us down to win 2-1.  :(

Shit. The curse of Lawro, the least knowledgable and most inept pundit since 1895.

29 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Do we think we’ll see either of the new boys today? Heard both are in contention, but PC is a bit lacking in sharpness so may be from the bench.

Reading everything I expect Digne to start, unsure about Coutinho.  Either start and does sixty minutes before being subbed or come on after 60 minutes depending how ready he is.

• Like 2

Take this with a pinch of salt but Maguire took Ronaldo out his fantasy team last night. Extremely strange given he's got 2 games this week and the general move was to bring Ronaldo in and make him your captain!

However, I can't rule out that Maguire is just an idiot.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Do we think we’ll see either of the new boys today? Heard both are in contention, but PC is a bit lacking in sharpness so may be from the bench.

Can see Coutinho coming on for the last 20/30 minutes. We need to wrap him in cotton wool!

On 10/01/2022 at 21:54, Spoony said:

Play the reserves. Rest our key players for the next game where we might get an even playing field. 

This is the best i've idea heard to protest against the var corruption. 

Everyone in the media would question why we played a team of kids.. 

Edited by richp999