Pre-match thread

mottaloo

5 hours ago, rubberman said:

This David Coote - "Am I fond of UTD?” said the Nottingham-born official. “Yes. Do I have an Old Trafford season ticket? Yes — I even nipped out of my own wedding to attend a game. Does that make me a quote-unquote ‘Fan’?"

nothing to see here...

https://socceronsunday.com/article/controversial-var-ref-defends-manchester-utd-tattoo/

coote-min.jpeg?time=1641723565

Wtf?! A Man Utd fan ref should not be the ref for a Man Utd game! Oh and the Premier League have picked him for our home league game v Man Utd, well thanks so much Premier League. This is ridiculous.

12 hours ago, rubberman said:

This David Coote - "Am I fond of UTD?” said the Nottingham-born official. “Yes. Do I have an Old Trafford season ticket? Yes — I even nipped out of my own wedding to attend a game. Does that make me a quote-unquote ‘Fan’?"

nothing to see here...

https://socceronsunday.com/article/controversial-var-ref-defends-manchester-utd-tattoo/

coote-min.jpeg?time=1641723565

This cant be legit surely

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How is it even possible to not win a home game against an opponent since 95’

Absolute madness. I mean I remember that day sitting round my nans with the TV on mute watching the scores come through on teletext ffs. Its 2022 now. Come on Villa its about bloody time

Because they have been consistently better than us?

Its also become a 'thing' and we have had chances to win in some of the games, but have bottled it. Usually we just get rolled over.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, BOF said:

I won't be watching this. I have better things to do than participate in a charade.

Here's the ref. Mike Dean on VAR.

FI0nAtsX0AEciaa?format=jpg&name=large

Seen this picture a lot - has it been verified as real? I'm assuming someone's made it and it's taken on a life of its own. It can't be genuine.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Because they have been consistently better than us?

Its also become a 'thing' and we have had chances to win in some of the games, but have bottled it. Usually we just get rolled over.

Mediocre teams like Burnley and Watford have managed to beat them at least twice in the past 3-4 years alone. We have managed one solitary win against them in 12 years.

Being better than us you'd expect them to beat us more than we've beaten them, but to have a record of 4 wins and 37 defeats in 30 years of PL football is astounding.

They were top dogs for a long time under Fergie, but we were finishing top 6 in quite a few of those seasons too so should have beaten them more. 

Without coming across as dramatic, we really must get something out of this game. Our form has tailed off and if we lose on Saturday that's four straight defeats and the sort of horrible runs Smith was overseeing when he was in charge.

I'd throw both Coutinho and Digne (once confirmed) into the starting 11 if available and ready - we need improvements in straight away. 

• Like 3

I can't get to this one as I'm working Saturday which is annoying me, I nearly kicked my TV through on Monday night and I'm someone who's usually fairly level-headed when it comes to the Villa. Hopefully VP is like a baying pit of ferocious Brummie incredible Hulks for Yanited on Saturday night. We need to make these f***ers pay.

Edited by wedge
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, blunther said:

Seen this picture a lot - has it been verified as real? I'm assuming someone's made it and it's taken on a life of its own. It can't be genuine.

My guess would be it's a fabrication. Not even the PL would allow a referee to have that background on a social media app and then referee their game, no matter who he claimed to support. I'm more concerned with Mike Dean on VAR but my United supporting mate assures me they'll get nothing from Dean. We shall see. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, wedge said:

I can't get to this one as I'm working Saturday which is annoying me, I nearly kicked my TV through on Monday night and I'm someone who's usually fairly level-headed when it comes to the Villa. Hopefully VP is like a baying pit of ferocious Brummie incredible Hulks for Yanited on Saturday night. We need to make these f***ers pay.

I am rather hoping for a hostile reception for them too.....we have to find the desire to win this.

Its Karma.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

My guess would be it's a fabrication. Not even the PL would allow a referee to have that background on a social media app and then referee their game, no matter who he claimed to support. I'm more concerned with Mike Dean on VAR but my United supporting mate assures me they'll get nothing from Dean. We shall see. 

He must be a renegade.

4 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

How is it even possible to not win a home game against an opponent since 95’

Absolute madness. I mean I remember that day sitting round my nans with the TV on mute watching the scores come through on teletext ffs. Its 2022 now. Come on Villa its about bloody time

Blown about 3 or 4 2-0 leads in that time aswell. Think that dreadful cup loss to them in Jan 2002 when all their fans came onto the pitch started the hoodoo over us. Can remember us being 2-0 up in 2010 when we had Bannan and Hogg in midfield and we folded in last 10 minutes and also were 2-0 up and comfortable in one of the Lambert seasons and then Hernandez came on and scored a hat trick in 15 minutes.

Always something goes wrong even if it's not the ref. Last season Traore scored the cracker and we were 1 up and playing pretty well and then Luiz made a stupid tackle on Pogba and game just changed from that moment.

• Sad 2