Pre-match thread

mottaloo

It will be David Coote.

Mike Dean is on VAR.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/2439860

Referee: David Coote. Assistants: Gary Beswick, Nick Hopton. Fourth official: Chris Kavanagh. VAR: Mike Dean. Assistant VAR: Dan Robathan.

Coote has refereed our games against Norwich and Newcastle this season.

It’s not often you get the chance for immediate retribution, if the players feel anything like we do then they’ll be raging and determined to smash the red cheats off the park. We will have our work cut and it won’t be easy to beat VAR, but I think we can do it. 

2-0 Villa. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I'll predict another pathetic, dodgy decision riddled defeat. That is not a tough prediction it's literally like taking candy off a baby it's so obvious what will happen. 

I think if that happens twice in a week there will be massive controversy HUGE.

Villa fans wont have it either and there could be a lot of trouble if utd get another dodgy decison. Im glad we are playing them straight away. They are coming into a absolute lions den Saturday night 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaulC said:

History is against us. Isnt the last time we beat them at home in the league Brian Little was manager and Hansen said "You cant win anythung with kids". We need to beat them. Sick of them!

Correct. 

4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

It’s not often you get the chance for immediate retribution, if the players feel anything like we do then they’ll be raging and determined to smash the red cheats off the park. We will have our work cut and it won’t be easy to beat VAR, but I think we can do it. 

2-0 Villa. 

If you're predicting red cards, I agree. 

This David Coote - "Am I fond of UTD?” said the Nottingham-born official. “Yes. Do I have an Old Trafford season ticket? Yes — I even nipped out of my own wedding to attend a game. Does that make me a quote-unquote ‘Fan’?"

nothing to see here...

https://socceronsunday.com/article/controversial-var-ref-defends-manchester-utd-tattoo/

coote-min.jpeg?time=1641723565

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, rubberman said:

This David Coote - "Am I fond of UTD?” said the Nottingham-born official. “Yes. Do I have an Old Trafford season ticket? Yes — I even nipped out of my own wedding to attend a game. Does that make me a quote-unquote ‘Fan’?"

nothing to see here...

https://socceronsunday.com/article/controversial-var-ref-defends-manchester-utd-tattoo/

coote-min.jpeg?time=1641723565

I was just about to post this 😂

The best satire is always grounded in truth.

17 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

If you're predicting red cards, I agree. 

100%

I said on here and at work if Coutinho scores a winner I want him sliding in front of their fans like Adebayor. 3 game ban and a hero.

when’s the last time we did the league double over United?

I don't think I've.......... wait, I KNOW I've never said this before, but I **** demand that we beat Man United this weekend. I'll be furious if we don't. All day on the radio people talking us up and Man United down in regards last night's game. That we lost. Through a collective sense of mistreatment and fury, we BETTER take this team apart.

I don't think I've ever wanted a win as badly as I do for this game. I wouldn't mind so much if they were the top Manure sides of 5+ years ago but they're a bag of shit now and we still can't beat them!

Please, Villa, just beat these **** clowns for once.

Preferably a 7-2 style hammering!

• Like 3