Pre-match thread

mottaloo

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, the big question - if Coutinho is available, do you play Ings or Watkins up front?

I dont think coutinho will start but will get around 25 minutes i would imagine.

I bet Gerrard plays same team narring mcginn. For me mcginns out so sanson has to start.

Mcginns going to be a massive loss

Edited by Demitri_C
  • Like 1

We find ways to lose when we play well. Go into the following fixture thinking we’ll get a repeat performance and win. But no my friends, this is Villa. The next game tends to be the opposite. We dont turn up and lose again normally.

But……

I have faith in Stevie G and the powers of his particular brand of motivation. 2-1 Villa and a long awaited league double over these dossers. 

McGinn will be a big loss to us make no mistake.

What we need to do is make Villa Park as hostile and electric as possible, like it was when we beat Everton on our return to the Premier League.

Can’t see Coutinho starting but a decent cameo from the bench should spice things up a bit.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

After last night, I have absolutely zero interest in this game, completely knocked the wind out of my sails it has.

Horrible isn't it. I should be baying for blood in revenge, but what's the point? Can't celebrate a goal these days as you now there's always something they can find if they want to. And without the moments of sheer unbridled joy, all the crap that comes along with football has no balance. I've been to two games this season and I have a ST. Not even gonna watch this one on the telly. Hope I live to regret it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, the big question - if Coutinho is available, do you play Ings or Watkins up front?

Ings as of late, I prefer Ollie but he needs to get himself back in the 9 position on merit and stay there.

Worst team we have played bar Norwich, Last night so easy to play through them we just didn’t take our chances. 

Last night we must have had 10/15 attempts at Old Trafford, That’s pretty much unheard of. We just need to be more clinical in front of goal. 
If we play like that and take our chances, On another day you will be 3-0  up at Half time. 

Based on last last night, We really have nothing to fear bar cowardly and corrupt officials. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Coutinho is ready (hopefully 2-3 training sessions will do the trick) then I'd play him for an hour.

Think I'd leave Ings out as we know while we struggles to finish in these type of games Ollie will chase stuff all night long (indeed him hitting the bar was from that play) so I'd go Ollie as CF and Buendia and Coutinho as the two narrow 10s. Then Sanson in for McGinn.

That makes logical sense to me as when we kept it on the ground first half and early second we were opening them up no problem and I fancy Coutinho actually would've curled one into the corner with a couple of shots Buendia had.

Beating them twice in a season since probably 1876 would be consolation for last night and think it would herald another strong league run so all to play for imo.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Last night we must have had 10/15 attempts at Old Trafford, That’s pretty much unheard of. We just need to be more clinical in front of goal. 
If we play like that and take our chances, On another day you will be 3-0  up at Half time. 

We need to be at least 3 up by the 92nd min to allow for dodgy penalties, fergy time, VAR and a soft winning goal.

I agree with lots on here it does make you wonder what is the point? But I am still going on Saturday making the 2 hr journey from Newmarket because we might just, just get revenge and I want to be at VP to witness it

VTID

Del