Darren Randolph

VillaChris

Definitely better than Steer. Arguably Ireland's best player in the period 2016 - 2020. Kept them in a lot of matches.

Also provided the assist for Shane Long's goal vs. Germany to give them a chance of qualifying for Euro 2016. :D

41 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The world of the reserve goalkeeper fascinates me. You help out in training, celebrate when the team wins things, and plan your career as a coach. 

Mark Bunn: 172 career appearances. Stuart Taylor: 75 career appearances. It's an odd existence. 

I watched the Juventus documentary last week, and their 3rd keeper is fascinating - behind Szczesny and Buffon yet probably the most popular player, rarely on the bench and is pretty much a cheerleader. Earns enough to consider buying Ronaldo an expensive watch.

Jealous

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

I watched the Juventus documentary last week, and their 3rd keeper is fascinating - behind Szczesny and Buffon yet probably the most popular player, rarely on the bench and is pretty much a cheerleader. Earns enough to consider buying Ronaldo an expensive watch.

Jealous

Bunn was a bit like that here during the dark days.

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why do we keep Steer around if we clearly don't rate him.

Can't be great for his confidence either.

Steer might be happy as a backup goalkeeper. It's a very consistent career on decent money, and he can go from club to club because every team needs backup goalkeepers. Aiming to be the number one is admirable, but some keepers know their level and Steer might understand that backup is the highest he's going to achieve. 

Just now, pete101 said:

Always been good professional, probably accepted being number 2 for too much of his career but definitely a good guy to have around

Apart from that day he went on an all day/night bender with Andy Carroll while at West Ham.

2 hours ago, Daweii said:

Steer might be happy as a backup goalkeeper. It's a very consistent career on decent money, and he can go from club to club because every team needs backup goalkeepers. Aiming to be the number one is admirable, but some keepers know their level and Steer might understand that backup is the highest he's going to achieve. 

Fair play.

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Why do we keep Steer around if we clearly don't rate him.

Can't be great for his confidence either.

I agree. Dont even ratw him aa a number 2 so why do we have him here? A championship club can make him their  no 1 (anyone but blose)

As a teenager I played for a really good team and we used to play against Randolph so often that his dad and my dad became friendly on the sideline.

Really want this transfer to happen. I've never been better at sport than a Villa player before. Get in.

(It was basketball, but shut up.)

• Like 1

Â