Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think the only real difference in Digne and Targett is Digne has better delivery. I don’t see either of them as the type of player we need for the system we play now though. For the money I don’t think it’s enough of an upgrade. 

Agreed, I thought Borna Sosa was the one we’d go for. Much better fit for Gerrard’s system. 

51 minutes ago, WHY said:

He’s been bang average for 18 months now, would steer well clear of him. 

Has he been? Can't profess to have watch an enormous amount of him or Everton, but I've an Everton-supporting mate who didn't suggest so and most of the stats suggests he's generally been about the standard he's usually been.

Wow !! Coutinho and Digne .. that is big time !!

That would certainly send a message to the rest of the PL. Good for you guys, I would love to see a shift in the balance of power. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I’m not thrilled by him either. He’s never stood out whenever I’ve watched him. Think he will be expensive for only a small upgrade on what we have.

He’d be a massive upgrade on delivery, attacking movement. 

1 minute ago, hippo said:

I think hickey isn't "now" enough. He's one for the future.

He's max a year off, doing very well in Serie A for his age, I'd have him over Digne to be honest. Would be more in line with what we've been trying to do last few years.

31 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I think the only real difference in Digne and Targett is Digne has better delivery. I don’t see either of them as the type of player we need for the system we play now though. For the money I don’t think it’s enough of an upgrade. 

Digne is also clearly much more mobile than Targett, and is able to move with the ball where Targett struggles.

Im not rly pro or con Digne, but its pretty clear he's a fair bit better than Targett.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, romavillan said:

He's max a year off, doing very well in Serie A for his age, I'd have him over Digne to be honest. Would be more in line with what we've been trying to do last few years.

So would I and agree your prognosis. I do think under Stevie we won't be developing players he will want pretty closed to the finished article.

Don't think he promoted any youth players at Rangers. The signing of coutinho, and links to Digne and Ramsey should give you an idea where we are heading.

Â