Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

5 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

I'm on a 27" monitor, although I'd have still spotted that on my phone.

spacer.png

I know you **** would. :D It probably was written with huge, red capitals on your screen. :D 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Especially with Oliver being the ref

It was obvious, as soon as I saw who was ref on Sunday night I knew we were in for it. There neeeds to be an overhaul or big change in the standards of refs at the top of the English game. Especially when Oliver’s supposed to be the best we have 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pelle said:

I don't really care about if it was a correct call or not (I don't think it was correct at all, and no, I wouldn't react to it if it was the other way around.), that's more or less semantic. It was the way they really tried to find something to disallow it for. Almost 4 minutes of searching, thoroughly going through if it was offside on Ings, or possibly Watkins, or a hand on Ings, and then they had him look at that a few minutes later. They were looking for a case, that's very obvious. I don't even think it was against us, more for them. They wanted them to go through so they still have a trophy to play for. Having seen that Halsey interview and BBC's documentary about PL it's quite obvious that some clubs are more favoured than others, and one club more than every other club. So when we scored that and it was disallowed in that way I really felt "What's the point in this?". They will come up with something to disallow the next one too. Had Ollie scored they would've said that Ollie fouled VNL. Or perhaps Doris the tea lady serving tea at the wrong temperature at VP. 4 bloody minutes and they found a very dubious obstruction from Ramsey, who was almost standing still, on Cavani who fell over like Trez and waved at the ref at once. And kept complaining. It was bloody manure themselves that started that trend by having van Nistelrooy standing way behind the wall when they had a freekick. He was never called off for obstructing the defenders even though his presence there was always obstructing defenders when they were tracking back. Sure, that wasn't the main reason for him to be standing there, but it was a benefit. Never have I ever seen such a decision. And to say that anything like this has never happened before is just not true. Through 150 years of football I doubt this was the first time anything like this happened. No, this was clearly showing that they wanted to disallow it. Can anyone else remember VAR checking 3 different incidents on one goal?

Anyway, we deserved more, we were the better team over all, but of course we need to take our chances, even if it's harder knowing that they will probably be disallowed anyway. And the defending for the goal wasn't exactly text book standard of good defending. But for the rest of the game we defended well. They had a few harmless shots from outside the area, and that was about it. 

I thought Douglas Luiz was mostly excellent, but every now and then he made horrible errors that could've cost us. And then Targett's pass to DL at the end of the first half. We can't do things like that. We need to be more carewfull. Those were just sloppy moments. Fewer mistakes like that, more decisivness in front both goals, and we will win a lot of games.

Now, back to Oliver & the gang. Surely, a normal ref would look at a players bloody face and think that "Hang on, I must've missed something here."? Not yesterday's ref team, though. I wonder if he was afraid to give a late pen or that he knew that meant he had to send Shaw off. Or both? And then he couldn't wait for the clock to pass 96 before he blew the final whistle. He blew it on 96 sharp when we had the ball. Not really a bad thing, but with all the other stuff this evening, it just fullfilled the picture of a ref wanting them to win. 6 minutes ET after 4 minutes of VAR, Konsa being down, Dalot being down, really wasn't enough.

Normally I'd say we will thrash them on Saturday, but I know we won't because they're manure and they can't be allowed to get thrashed by a team like ours.

Rant over, UTV!

it was like getting Al Capone on  tax evasion.....when all his brutality went uncharged.

They made it so obvious to all and sundry, they was looking for something, to chalk that goal off.....

I would guess, every goal scored would show up forensically something you could claim, to get the goal chalked off.

It was scandalous, in my view and I would think many neutrals while not defending Villa, will take a poor view of that and raise doubts of the officating impartiality.

VAR is being abused to what it was originally brought in for......its refereeing twice, and undermining the match referee's competence.....There will always be mistakes from Referee's, but we have swaped it for faceless bias....give me a genuine mistake any day.They have a habit of squaring themselves out....This is just cynical manipulation.

To Watch that game and presume Villa to be fouling, to that extent, in the light of Man U directed and ably led by Shaw.....is laughable at best...He could have been sent off twice over, just by yellows.

That game was a sad day for officiating....even though, we have issues of our own, we need to fix.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Can't see how anyone can be mad about playing Manchester United feat. PGMOL off their own patch, other than at the refs. We're not perfect, but we're obviously trending in the right direction, and SG is clearly not resting on his laurels and isn't satisfied with this.

We've not beaten them in the FA Cup since the 1957 final and in my lifetime we've beaten Utd just 5 times, I can't see how anyone would expect us to come out of this week with anything more than 2 losses.

No point getting upset over the inevitable screwing we're gonna get this week.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I can't see how that can be obstruction, like some are claiming, when JJ was stationery and only Cavani was moving.....surely any player is allowed to stand their ground, where does it say you have to move out of the way?....If JJ moved in to his path, that is different, that would be obstruction.....I could not imagine that decision to stand in most grounds in the country.....Cavani's legs buckled in a simulated fashion....we was duped.

I hope in time, we don't stoop to that level....Trez tried it and rightfully, was pulled up.

It was a sham, in my view.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I can't see how that can be obstruction, like some are claiming, when JJ was stationery and only Cavani was moving.....surely any player is allowed to stand their ground, where does it say you have to move out of the way?....If JJ moved in to his path, that is different, that would be obstruction.....I could not imagine that decision to stand in most grounds in the country.....Cavani's legs buckled in a simulated fashion....we was duped.

I hope in time, we don't stoop to that level....Trez tried it and rightfully, was pulled up.

It was a sham, in my view.

Completely agree

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Nice, but we should be playing like that all throughout the game, then we will be half decent.

There is some really nice football there.....SG was right in his summing up..."nearly there" and we need to be a bit more "Ruthless"

I thought some of our approach play was really good, lacking that killer edge, but conceding that goal, was a Gift to them on par with the officials.

Edited by TRO

6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

There’s too much at stake to allow the subjectivity - even Gallagher is having trouble defending it fully

Its just a Cartel.

The game was never designed to be this forensically scrutinised.

I can be sure beyond belief, roles reversed, that would have been a goal.....because the level of scrutiny, would not have been pursued.....and their final conclusion, I believe was wrong.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its just a Cartel.

The game was never designed to be this forensically scrutinised.

I can be sure beyond belief, roles reversed, that would have been a goal.....because the level of scrutiny, would not have been pursued.....and their final conclusion, I believe was wrong.

Its a joke and Gallagher and Gallagher trying to defend the indefenceable makes me sick. The reason they didnt want to implement in the first place was because of the delays but 3 and a half minutes is a joke. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bielesibub said:

I'm still recovering from the VAR decision. Mostly surprised that they didn't go back to the 1957 final and rule last nights goal out for the challenge on the United keeper by Peter McParland.

Don't put idea's in their head.....it doesn't take much.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

We are gifting, poor sides, easy goals and making life very hard for ourselves.

Yep.

You make your own luck in football.

Wolves as well as dominating defended astutely against them.

You can't just do one part of the game well and expect to get something.

We didn't lose the game because of poor refereeing. We lost the game because we can't defend.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

My take on yesterday's proceedings:

• A nice game to watch ... I thought Villa were the better team
  • The goal McTomminay slipped in between Konsa and Mings, it happens. On average two to three goals are scored every game. 
  • Martinez ... a pretty standard game from him ... did what he is supposed to do.  Gathered easy balls into his arms by and large.
  • Cash ... not his best game, but was OK
  • Konsa ... played well overall.
  • Mings ... fairly routine
  • Targett ... was a little bit worrying for me. Though he seemed to settle down after a some time
  • McGinn ... I thought he had a really good game, some sublime moments
  • Luiz ... Solid game I thought, Work rate excellent
  • Ramsey ... solid game ... a few mistakes but nothing too serious
  • Beundia ... MotM for me. 
  • Watkins ... A good outing, some nice moments ... hints of Ings/Watkins chemistry starting to crystallize.
  • Ings ... Good game, I liked his effort pressing

• Gerrard ... standard team selection. Not sure I understood the El Ghazi/Bidace substitutions ... other than giving the players a run. 

• And the controversial goal ... firstly what a well executed set play; OK scrambled over the line. Reasons for not giving the goal? Convoluted at best. Cavani nowhere near the play. 
  • Like 1

Â