FA Cup - 4th Round Draw

Kingman

Why on Earth is there a boring all premier league tie on TV instead of Tottenham vs Morecambe or Liverpool vs Shrewsbury? West Ham reserves vs Leeds reserves (which is also their current first team) hardly screams ‘magic of the cup’, does it.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Why on Earth is there a boring all premier league tie on TV instead of Tottenham vs Morecambe or Liverpool vs Shrewsbury? West Ham reserves vs Leeds reserves (which is also their current first team) hardly screams ‘magic of the cup’, does it.

I think because it will be Tottenham reserves vs Morecombe.  So the interest will be less, therefore they need to attract as many viewers as possible.  Likely a lot more tv viewers from two PL teams fans than one PL team fan.  As we know it’s all about the money not excitement of the football (and it’s history).  Sad I know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

Probably because spurs and liverpool will destroy them both.  They should have had newcastle vs cambridge that always had a giant killing to it

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably because spurs and liverpool will destroy them both.  They should have had newcastle vs cambridge that always had a giant killing to it

Yeah I would’ve mentioned that but I was just looking at today’s fixtures 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

True, it would have been a good match to watch...and Newcastle were so close to pulling off an upset 🙂

• Haha 2

Draw 4.50pm today ITV 

Ball Numbers 

1. Boreham Wood
2. AFC Bournemouth
3. Stoke City or Leyton Orient
4. Southampton
5. Chelsea
6. Liverpool or Shrewsbury Town
7. Cardiff City or Preston North End
8. Coventry City
9. Huddersfield Town
10. Brighton & Hove Albion
11. Kidderminster Harriers 
12. Leicester City 
13. Middlesbrough
14. Hartlepool United 
15. Everton
16. Fulham
17. Tottenham Hotspur or Morecambe
18. Crystal Palace
19. Brentford
20. Manchester City
21. Wigan Athletic
22. Luton Town or Harrogate Town
23. Plymouth Argyle
24. Manchester United or Aston Villa
25. Wolverhampton Wanderers or Sheffield United
26. Cambridge United
27. Barnsley 
28. Peterborough United 
29. West Ham United or Leeds United
30. Queens Park Rangers 
31. Charlton Athletic or Norwich City
32. Nottingham Forest or Arsenal

• Thanks 1

I would like us to get Boreham Wood away if we get through, I always park in the car park outside their ground, Meadow Park, when i go to Elstree Studios. I like to keep tabs on their results. Last January they sold winger Sorba Thomas to Huddersfield who is now doing quite well in the championship and is a welsh international. Kind of random but thats who i hope we get should we beat united

1 minute ago, theboyangel said:

Cannot even think about the 4th round given our record (no matter how well we play) against ManUre 😥

Yep! It’s nice to dream of further rounds but we’re all too well drilled on what will happen tomorrow ☹️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Cannot even think about the 4th round given our record (no matter how well we play) against ManUre 😥

Beat them last time out. And we have a "better" manager now. No excuses.

• Like 1

Looks like the FA have had some of their balls in the icebox again!

all the big clubs have relatively easy home draws. Liverpool, City, Chelsea, Spurs, Arsenal (maybe)

oh, and us!😂

After all the romance of the 3rd round it’s back to business as usual!

Â