Rds1983

2 hours ago, blandy said:

if you start with a word with the most common letters in it, then after 2 or 3 wrong goes you're often left with only a handful of possibilities - like if, say you've lost O, E, I, U, S, T,ย  M, N, H,... and some others you're kind of looking for a word (maybe) ending in a that has to be made from a selection of B, Z, Q, Y, C, L plus maybe a Green R and a yellow A... so something like LYCRA kind of becomes highly likely to be the answer - if that makes sense? and it's why if you get (say) OUSE as the last 4 letters, it's a risk to then guess is it HOUSE, MOUSE, LOUSE, DOUSE...when there's loads of options.

AFAIK these haven't been an answer - so I've not spoilered this reply.

This.ย  ย I've only been playing a few days, but I find that if I start with a word with 2 vowels and common consonants and, depending on whether anything was correct in the first guess, 2 more vowels and common consonants, I'm usually in a position to make a pretty good educated guess by the 3rd try.ย  ย I had one the other day where the first 2 guesses yielded absolutely no correct letters, but I still got it in 4 because the possibilities were really limited by the 4th guess.ย  ย In general, it seems if I make 2 bad guesses along the way it will take me 4 or 5 to get the answer (never gone above 4 yet) and if I have 1 really lucky guess or 2 decent ones I'm likely to get it in 3.ย  ย I don't see any way to get it in 2 without a lot of luck.

• Like 2

Wordle 223 4/6

โฌ›โฌ›โฌ›๐ŸŸฆโฌ›
โฌ›โฌ›โฌ›๐ŸŸฆโฌ›
โฌ›๐ŸŸฆ๐ŸŸฆโฌ›๐ŸŸฆ
๐ŸŸง๐ŸŸง๐ŸŸง๐ŸŸง๐ŸŸง

ย 

Showing my intelligence here by being told I'd got the right letter but in the wrong place on my first go....then proceeding to put it in the exact same place for my second guess.

• Haha 1

ร—
ร—
ร‚