Rds1983

Wordle 221 6/6

⬛⬛🟩⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟨⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Stupid game. Had no luck on my guesses today. Had eliminated 2/3s of the alphabet and only had 1 green and 2 yellows. Took a wild swing based off the random letters I had left and got lucky. 

43 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm surprised by how often people are able to jump from about 1 green and 1 yellow to 5 green. There's so many options available from there, how are they narrowing it down? 

Oh it's quite simple really, what I do is, I look up the answer once I've got say, 1 yellow 2 green. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm surprised by how often people are able to jump from about 1 green and 1 yellow to 5 green. There's so many options available from there, how are they narrowing it down? 

if you start with a word with the most common letters in it, then after 2 or 3 wrong goes you're often left with only a handful of possibilities - like if, say you've lost O, E, I, U, S, T,  M, N, H,... and some others you're kind of looking for a word (maybe) ending in a that has to be made from a selection of B, Z, Q, Y, C, L plus maybe a Green R and a yellow A... so something like LYCRA kind of becomes highly likely to be the answer - if that makes sense? and it's why if you get (say) OUSE as the last 4 letters, it's a risk to then guess is it HOUSE, MOUSE, LOUSE, DOUSE...when there's loads of options.

AFAIK these haven't been an answer - so I've not spoilered this reply.

• Like 1

Â