Yves Bissouma

Corleone

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Then its the wages Newcastle will offer him as well 

He will definitely be found out at Newcastle 

Yep. My feeling is while being a very good player, the three at the back for Brighton enables him to go and chase and take risks in his attempts to win the ball back. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, VillaJay said:

I'd imagine any chance of this deal happening is heavily reliant on his afcon involvement and may go to the wire, It's probably fair to believe he's our number 1 target in this area.

That wouldn't surprise at all, the man is on fire, and our owners have an exceptional talent for finding success and recruiting so that the whole squad has something great to offer and complements the whole too.

On 24/01/2022 at 09:20, PerryBarrPet said:

And even more so, whether Villa management is prepared to pay it.

£25 million seems to be the highest Villa are willing to go. At least, for now. Can’t see £40 million ever happening this window though

Edited by Aston_Villan4

9 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

£25 million seems to be the highest Villa are willing to go. At least, for now. Can’t see £40 million ever happening this window though

I agree. I think only Newcastle are silly, or desperate, enough to pay both huge transfer fees and high wages while struggling against relegation.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I imagine Newcastle will over insane money for a transfer an wages. Therefore he will go there.

Saw a article that suggested they are offering £500k/w for Lingard :crylaugh:It was The Sun so it's obviously bs but still funny.

That is loan fee + salary

Edited by sne

3 hours ago, Pissflaps said:

I imagine Newcastle will over insane money for a transfer an wages. Therefore he will go there.

He's got to want to go there, he's already said he wants to be the best.

Learn off one of the very best midfielders who is now in charge of a progressive villa or not learn, risk relegation and get paid twice the amount while plying his trade in the Championship for at least 12 months as his salary would rule out anyone else buying him.

9 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Yeah if we're just offering that no chance anything will be agreed as it's too big a leap to what Brighton want for compromise.

Think we'll just accept he'll stay there until the summer and then try again especially if Bentancur or whoever else we get in dosen't settle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

He's a decent player no doubt, but I feel Bissouma has turned into the most overly hyped midfielder in the world on this board. 

Really? I just think he's somebody that would seriously improve us in a position we're crying out for. I don't think he's a world beater, but everytime I've watched him for Brighton, especially against us, he's been MOTM. He's Brighton's best player and you could argue they're a better side than us. 
We could do a lot worse than signing the best players from the teams around us. Digne being a great example. Bissouma would hit the ground running as long as he wasn't behind bars!

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Really? I just think he's somebody that would seriously improve us in a position we're crying out for. I don't think he's a world beater, but everytime I've watched him for Brighton, especially against us, he's been MOTM. He's Brighton's best player and you could argue they're a better side than us. 
We could do a lot worse than signing the best players from the teams around us. Digne being a great example. Bissouma would hit the ground running as long as he wasn't behind bars!

He would probably slot in very well in our team agreed. But we're also linked with alternatives that would cost a fraction of what Brighton will want and that could work just as well as Bissouma...

...who also don't have pending sexual assault charges

1 hour ago, Xela said:

He's a decent player no doubt, but I feel Bissouma has turned into the most overly hyped midfielder in the world on this board. 

His performance against Everton got me asking if he's not one of the best in form deep lying midfielders in the PL right now.

Anyone better that I can think of has a support cast around them that builds them up no end. Bissouma against Everton was a one man takeover at times, and he was a presence throughout, when his team mates were up to it, he was ready for that too.

If he can sustain that level of drive and impact he'll be one of the best as long as he can maintain it.

Edited by A'Villan

10 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

He would probably slot in very well in our team agreed. But we're also linked with alternatives that would cost a fraction of what Brighton will want and that could work just as well as Bissouma...

...who also don't have pending sexual assault charges

The sexual assault charges a worry but considering we've 'had a bid rejected', maybe we're confident he's innocent?! Wherever he ends up, I believe he will be spoken about as one of the best midfielders in the league. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

His performance against Everton got me asking if he's not one of the best in form deep lying midfielders in the PL right now.

Anyone better that I can think of has a support cast around them that builds them up no end. Bissouma against Everton was a one man takeover at times, and he was a presence throughout, when his team mates were up to it, he was ready for that too.

If he can sustain that level of drive and impact he'll be one of the best as long as he can maintain it.

yeah he's most definitely a very good footballer

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

The sexual assault charges a worry but considering we've 'had a bid rejected', maybe we're confident he's innocent?! Wherever he ends up, I believe he will be spoken about as one of the best midfielders in the league. 

it's a big worry for me that's for sure. I don't see how we could be more confident than the authorities on the matter and they haven't concluded anything, just postponed his bail time and time again.

as for his qualities as a player, yes he's hella good that's for sure imo. considering just how good he won't be cheap and possibly a bit overvalued based on how important he is for Brighton.

Â