Aaron Hickey

MaVilla

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

Asking price reported to be £15m - which isn't a lot by today's standards.

Think this would be a good move.

Apart from the fact Bologna paid £1.5m.

Their accountant would be happy.

Edited by Mr_Dogg

This would be such a Villa signing (not based on his ability because I’ve not seen him play) - but missing out on him for £1.5m and then paying 10x that amount 18 months later. I’m still not sure what our scouting department are up to. Aren’t they supposed to be unearthing these players when they are bargains?

11 minutes ago, thejoker said:

This would be such a Villa signing (not based on his ability because I’ve not seen him play) - but missing out on him for £1.5m and then paying 10x that amount 18 months later. I’m still not sure what our scouting department are up to. Aren’t they supposed to be unearthing these players when they are bargains?

Player went to Bologna because he wanted to play, career over money - test of good character if you ask moi....

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, thejoker said:

I believe that phenomenon is called "doing a Woodward"... 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, thejoker said:

Highly rated youth players don't pan out rather frequently. Meanwhile, a player who no one really rated in his youth can turn into world beaters relatively late on. Everyone's gambling on getting the future stars, but it seems rather difficult to hit the mark

Edited by Laughable Chimp

12 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

I have never seen the guy play. I just looked at a YouTube clip tonight. I am not overly impressed, hopefully I am missing something.

Would be worried if a full back had a great Youtube video

• Haha 1

We were strongly linked to him across the media when he was still with Hearts, my guess would be that we made an offer but he chose Bologna over us because they were a better chance for him to get first team football something which despite his age he would have wanted because he was already a first team player at Hearts, and we couldn't really give him that at the time because of having just signed Targett.

for a player that's played almost a season's worth of games at the top level of Italian football, can play more than one position, still very young, younger than some of of our prospects so still has a lot of potential and room for growth,  £15m would be a good price, regardless of what he's cost in the past.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

We were strongly linked to him across the media when he was still with Hearts, my guess would be that we made an offer but he chose Bologna over us because they were a better chance for him to get first team football something which despite his age he would have wanted because he was already a first team player at Hearts, and we couldn't really give him that at the time because of having just signed Targett.

for a player that's played almost a season's worth of games at the top level of Italian football, can play more than one position, still very young, younger than some of of our prospects so still has a lot of potential and room for growth,  £15m would be a good price, regardless of what he's cost in the past.

He turned down Bayern for Bologna so wanted to play 

His manager wasn't a bad player though hope thats all he picked up from him

Edited by Zatman

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Would be worried if a full back had a great Youtube video

It's full of bad touches, he doesn't look quick and there are no killer crosses. That's not a good thing!

Hopefully whoever made the video wasnt very good at doing so.

Edited by Rolta

Â