Giants News

kkr

Reese and McAdoo being fired so early was a good thing.  Gettleman i am ok with and i think he came across quite well in his press conference.  He seems to value big guys to control the LOS and get after the QB - Huzzah!

I like that he cut Hart after he had refused to play this week, backs up his comments about not being too concerned about hurting players feelings in contract negotiations etc.

Schwartz, Patricia and McDaniels all in to interview this week.  Cant say i know much about Patricia, but the other two i dont think would be any good.  Wouldn't be totally against Spags depending on who he brought in on the offensive side of the ball.

at first i was really annoyed with the gettleman hire, but i've simmered a bit now. he's shown he can draft linemen at least. it seems like the locker room was worse than first thought and he should be the right guy to jettison the bad apples. 

i'd be happy enough with almost any of the candidates that have been linked with the head coaching job. patricia especially i think would be a good hire. 

• 8 months later...
On 19/09/2017 at 19:41, kkr said:

Oline is beyond a joke.  Another wasted season likely.  Reese, Mac and Oline coaching need to be disposed of.  Never should have 'retired' TC.  Reese needed to go.

Nearly a year later and not much has changed despite the changes........

• 10 months later...
On 24/07/2019 at 11:12, kurtsimonw said:

USA Today has us at 5-11 this season.

A bit optimistic.

I dunno...I was reading an article earlier about the 'haul' they got for OBJ off us browns!

And Peppers feels disrespected. He said he's got another chip on his shoulder, so you should have a well balanced safety on your hands 😀

• 2 weeks later...

I like what we have done with the Oline and we seem to have depth in the secondary now, but i have big questions about the receiving corps and edge rushers.  Somewhere from 4-11 to 8-8 i feel.

On 27/07/2019 at 21:38, RimmyJimmer said:

And Peppers feels disrespected. He said he's got another chip on his shoulder, so you should have a well balanced safety on your hands 😀

Before his final year at College he was tipped to go number one overall in his draft.

Saw a fair bit of him for Michigan and for me he's going to be a repeat Pro Bowler. 

Quality player .

Daniel Jones will be pretty good too IMO and I said on here 2 months before the draft that I hoped the Jags got him as Foles backup in round 2 . 

The only thing NYG fans should be pissed off about is that you could have got a stud rusher AND Jones a bit later.

There was no guarantee that Jones would have been there later in the draft.  If you like a QB enough to be the franchise you go and get him.  I liked what i saw on his first drive the other night and hope he is a resounding success so he can stick it to the scumbag media who were trashing him, the selection and the Giants.

• 1 month later...

Its probably the right move for the long term seeing as the defense is so shit, but i hate that we are having to make it now.  If you put Eli on a talented team i believe he could still be a good player in the league.  

If Jones shows nothing over the rest of the season then Shurmur and Gettleman will be gone.  TBH id fire Shurmur now, he isnt cut out to be a HC and his record speaks volumes.

A WIN!  Great to see Eli supporting the team and DJ on the sidelines and offering coaching, mentoring and advice, what a consummate professional!

20190923-022726.jpg

Very excited for the future with #8 under centre now!  A better QB than all from the previous years draft imo.

Daniel Jones reached 19.47 MPH on this 7-yard TD run. Jones is now responsible for two of the FASTEST speeds reached by a QB this season: Lamar Jackson: 19.78 MPH Kyler Murray: 19.72 MPH Daniel Jones: 19.51 MPH Daniel Jones: 19.47 MPH

Meanwhile Eli is still scrambling for the endzone at Wembley! ;)

We have not had a Quarterback since Jeff Hostetler who could make the other team miss a game winning field goal, wide right!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Eli Manning, first ballot HOF'er?  He should be! 

I'll be posting all the statistical gems and factoids that i can find to support that claim over the coming weeks and months.  I'm sure i have a file somewhere with all the details on how legendary those two playoff runs were.  I'll start with this one though which i hadn't seen before.  Since 2016 add on another 9 wins, which goes to show how bad the Giants have been the past few years!

pZjiMAwdRG1NsNpntyUl_yQCK4-eX20UWAn7IU-CLG4.jpg?auto=webp&s=12a525735f82385e467dc83ca59c222cd9250da4

• 5 weeks later...
Â