Gaming 2022

hogso

What yer looking forward to? 

I am very hopeful for both Eiyuden Chronicles Hundred Heroes and Rising, being spiritual successors to Suikoden. 

Also curious about the Dead Space remake, as I loved that first game, as well as The Callisto Protocol for the same reason. 

The new Horizon game should be great too, it's a game I'll play more to see where the story goes than anything else, as I thought the lore and world of Zero Dawn was great. 

• Like 1

Tidy up from last year so that's ghost of tsushima DC, Deaths door, deathloop, psychonauts, maybe ratchet and clank too at some point and FF7 remake ps5

Then it's horizon, god of war, I'll say sifu but then won't play it, the uncharted collection if the price is right, GT7, interested in how forespoken reviews, plus I want to redo the witcher 3 on ps5

Stalker interests me but not enough to buy the series x for

Its the year of the big 3 Sony games for me and I expect all 3 of them to be 10/10 so no pressure! 

• Like 1

Not a lot to be honest. Big hitters wise it’s BotW 2, GT7 and (naively hoping it will be it out in November 😁) Starfield. 

Also hoping (against hope as tired of asking now) that the Metroid Prime Trilogy and the Zelda WW/TP HD Remasters finally come to switch. 

• Like 1

I am looking forward to so much that my bank account is going to be very mad at me by this time next year. 

• Dying Light 2
  • Sifu
  • Lost Ark
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • Elden Ring
  • ELEX II
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (this game is so janky, but it's basically Final Fantasy Nioh so it might wind up being decent in the end)
  • Tiny Tina's Wonderlands
  • Weird West
  • STALKER 2
  • Saints Row
  • Scorn
  • Starfield

Those are the games I'm looking forward to that have release dates/windows. There is of course more games without release dates that I'm looking forward to;

• God of War Ragnarok
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • Dragon's Dogma 2
  • Dead Space Remake
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Somerville
  • Arc Raiders
  • Stray
  • Redfall

I did have Forspoken on my list, but the game looks very rough from the limited gameplay I have seen and I don't trust Luminous Productions (FF15) to turn it around. I hope they prove me wrong, but Forspoken and Babylon's Fall (Platinum Games) might be two of the bigger flops of 2022 based on current builds. 

• Like 2

Most looking forward to:

Elden Ring

Horizon: Forbidden West

Sifu 

God of War: Ragnarok

Trek to Yomi

Black Myth: Wukong 

Gran Turismo 7

GhostWire: Tokyo

I'm also really hoping that we'll see Breath of the Wild 2, an update on Metroid Prime 4, the Metroid Prime Trilogy on Switch, the rest of the 3D Zelda Remasters on Swith and maybe some Metal Gear Solid remakes.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

No E3 in any format this year at all. No physical, no digital. Just nothing at all. It’s going to be weird. 

Im not too bothered if I’m completely honest, it’s been a bit crap for a while and is filled with pointless crap like last years EA, Capcom and Ubi conferences. Still, big news though.

• Like 1

Summer Game Fest is still happening in June this year, and from what I've heard E3 Digital 2022 died because everyone sided with Summer Game Fest. 

So we'll still have the usual conferences from Xbox, Ubisoft, Square Enix, Devolver Digital and others. There will also likely be Summer Game Fest: Kickoff Live happening again. 

August will also have Opening Night Live. So E3 going away won't mean a whole lot. We'll still get the same info dump we always used to get, while those that only liked E3 for the conferences will still get those.  

• Like 1

Games fest was OK last year from memory, only watched the opening night and 1 or 2 others but it felt pretty much the same especially if Sony aren't going to do anything 

I can't wait to moan about xbox annoyingly shouting "World exclusive" or whatever it is at the start of every video 

25 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Oh yes!!! Loved the original monkey islands, brilliantly funny! 

have no idea what platforms it’ll be released on though. 

Have you played disco elysium? 

Its more of a mish mash but definitely got some MI in there (and it's brilliant) 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Have you played disco elysium? 

Its more of a mish mash but definitely got some MI in there (and it's brilliant) 

Will check that out thanks!

we’ve just had the Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga delivered but I’m away for the next 2 weeks.

my lad is gutted but won’t play it until I’m back home 🥳

Gaming in 2022 for me has consisted predominantly of trying to find 8-12 hour single player games that I can take a couple of weeks away from and not be completely lost when I have the time to jump back in. So far I've redone Gears 1-3 plus Judgment. I've swerved slightly to actually finish GTA V on the Series X, but then I'll probably head to the Tomb Raider trilogy from last gen. Now I know what my dad meant 25 years ago when he would say "I don't have the brainpower for these new games, they're too confusing"... this is my life now. I just can't do sprawling open worlds. I need linearity.

4 hours ago, og1874 said:

Gaming in 2022 for me has consisted predominantly of trying to find 8-12 hour single player games that I can take a couple of weeks away from and not be completely lost when I have the time to jump back in. So far I've redone Gears 1-3 plus Judgment. I've swerved slightly to actually finish GTA V on the Series X, but then I'll probably head to the Tomb Raider trilogy from last gen. Now I know what my dad meant 25 years ago when he would say "I don't have the brainpower for these new games, they're too confusing"... this is my life now. I just can't do sprawling open worlds. I need linearity.

New TR game announced today at the state of unreal event 

The last game had ran out of steam which was a shame because the first 2 in that run were great 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The last game had ran out of steam which was a shame because the first 2 in that run were great 

I got through the first one when it was released, about 2 hours into the second, and never even started the third. Can definitely see how it would run out of steam.

My 4 game Gears playthrough was great because the games were all fairly short, and doable in a couple of weeks each (I have maybe 90 minutes of gaming time available to me every couple of days). The TR games are a bit longer I think (11-12 versus 8-9), so I worry I might not be able to go back to back to back with them (and because I'm weird, I can't start from the second or third one, has to be the first again even though I've completed it already)

Looking forward to see what the new one entails. Hopefully not a Ubisoft-esque open world map with a bajillion grindy, pointless things to do

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I have a feeling the new TR game will be combining the Crystal Dynamics-era origin timeline with the Core Design-era timeline from back in the day. 

The most recent TR games were the origin story and I can see the new game being a remake/reimagining of Tomb Raider (1996) with the dinosaurs, flesh monsters and other horror oddities. 

That said Shadow of the Tomb Raider was definitely the weakest entry of the recent trilogy. It was also the only game in the origin trilogy not made by Crystal Dynamics because they were off making Marvel Avengers. That went well. 😂

• Like 1