January Optimism Gauge

limpid

Optimism Gauge  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish in 2021/2?

2. 2. How do you feel about this season?

• Very Optimistic
    • Optimistic
    • Average
    • Pessimistic
    • Very Pessimistic

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/22 at 23:59

We are by no means the finished article and the squad is imbalanced and slightly bloated of a middling quality player, like Trez, still around. So as I don’t see any huge, swift switches to this, with lots of ins and outs this Jan. I suspect that we’ll stay roughly where we are for the remainder of the seasons. That said, think how positive this mediocre existence is, compared to 2 years ago…four years ago or any time before that until all the way back to the early 2000. I think some forget how far we’ve come and how rapidly this has been done in the past 3 years. I also think we’ve improved in a sustainable way, with significant work behind the scenes and in the youth. Our development is not going to be a flash in the pan. And that is why I’m so optimistic, even if this season perhaps hasn’t lived up to the hype of signing Bailey, ings and beundia. They’ve not really come off and yet we’ve still secured a mid table position for the turn of the year. That’s pretty positive place to be! UTV

• Thanks 1

Pretty concerned to be honest. If we are going to have a major rebuild I hope Stevie G gets it right - the consequences of it going pear shaped don't bear thinking about.

It's got Tim Sherwood written all over it.

Too inconsistent to be top half. Stating the obvious but should have bought a winger and maybe another CM rather than Ings in the summer.  We lack width and are full backs are really more of the traditional defensive type so asking a lot of them to supply the crossing all the time. Squad is not balanced and that comes from the transfer window which at the moment is looking as a poor one when compared to 2020.

We won't get into trouble but can't see us going deep in the Cup or pushing for a European spot. Slight feeling of drift at the moment. Shaping up to be a bit of a 'lost' season like 2004-05 or 2016-17.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2