Jez

What position  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What position

• 1-4
    • 5th - 9th
    • 10th -14th
    • below 14th

Rich, I just think that with Fulham already losing Cole and possibly losing Boa Morte before the kick off, they will do well to stay up. They have no-one of note up front. At this rate Malbranque will be a striker for them.

:oops: sorry meant Barcodes and Charlton.

If we sign Baros, then all of a sudden people will want to be voting that we finish in the top half.

10th would still be top half :winkold:

also, signing baros would give us more options up front, but for me the state of Laursen's health is just as concerning as Dazz Vass going.

Like i said, Cahill is going to have to be the business I think.

i'd need to see 2 or 3 "top quality signings" to think we could finish top 6 or 7 at this point. Baros would simply make us top half material, t'is all, IMO.

10th - 15th. I think the corner-shop mentality has spread to the players' ranks and they themselves don't expect much.

And this is exactly the worry I had at the start of the summer. With the club coming out with such positivity and then failing to deliver - and with Angel saying he will take stock of his Villa career at the end of the 05/06 season I think we will see the departure of our top players. Angel will be the first, and I would expect the likes of Mellberg and Solano to follow if we don't do something this season.

I think we will see the departure of our top players. Angel will be the first, and I would expect the likes of Mellberg and Solano to follow if we don't do something this season.

and so the cycle continues, Bri.

the ellisian cycle of mediocrity.

for angel, Mellie etc read Boateng, Southgate, Ugo, Yorke.

There's no ambition at the top of the club, and in the end this permeates down to those on the pitch.

They see other clubs being ambitious, and want a bit of that. They don't just want to stagnate at VP, which is what is happening.

Until Elies goes, this won't change.

I think that the squad looks alot more solid than it did 12 months ago.

We havent yet added the quality to take us far into the top six.

As things stand today I would say 7th or 8th, given an average run with injuries. If we can bring in a couple of more players then 5th-8th.

But remember Pete, Angel has already basically told the club that it is Europe next season or he's gone. So we're not only investing to improve, we're investing so as to prove to what we already have, that they're not wasting away !

But remember Pete, Angel has already basically told the club that it is Europe next season or he's gone. So we're not only investing to improve, we're investing so as to prove to what we already have, that they're not wasting away !

To be entirely fair, unless JPA scores the goals to take us into Europe then it may be that he is kicked before he jumps. :D

centre half worries me as much, if not more, than the striking dept.

laursen looks a complete crock, and Cahill is merley a rookie whippersanpper, albeit seemingly a very good one.

If Cahill swims in the prem, we'll possibly be OK. But What if Ollie gets an injury. Ridge and Cahill at the back :?: :shock:

centre half worries me as much, if not more, than the striking dept.

laursen looks a complete crock, and Cahill is merley a rookie whippersanpper, albeit seemingly a very good one.

If Cahill swims in the prem, we'll possibly be OK. But What if Ollie gets an injury. Ridge and Cahill at the back :?: :shock:

It's OK John, we could use

UDLC-Delaney-Hughes-Samuel

How does that grab you ? 3 right backs and a left back *lol*

:P

I believe that the 'other' player DOL is after is a central defender. I also understand that Hughes is a more than capable central defender

1 Chelsea

2 Arsenal

3 Man UTD

4 Spurs

5 Liverpool

6 Middlesboro

7 Newcastle

8 Everton

9 Bolton

10 Charlton

11 Blackburn

12 Birmingham

13 Man City

14 Villa

15 Pompey

16 West Brom

17 West ham

18 Fuhlam

19 Sunderland

20 Wigan

Ouch Kiddy. That's pessimistic for us. Spurs above 'plop ? West Ham staying up ? Spurs in Champions League, I feel ill.

Ouch Kiddy. That's pessimistic for us. Spurs above 'plop ? West Ham staying up ? Spurs in Champions League, I feel ill.

Spurs have spent shit loads and wont have a complete idiot in charge at the start of the season. With a net spend of £0 , after vassell leaves this is where we will finish. Liverpool will get knackered with them having far far too many games this year.

I'm a bit of an optimist...

1 Chelsea

2 Arsenal

3 Man U

4 Liverpool

5 Aston Villa

6 Tottenham

7 Man C

8 Middlesboro

9 Blackburn

10 Charlton

11 Everton