New Music 2022

bickster

Not quite 2022 yet but here's what to look forward to from Adrian Sherwood

Not listened to it all yet but it does seem that the Horace Andy album is finally going to be released and its the first track on the On-U Sound Sunday Roast Xmas Special, hosted by AMS himself (as he does every year) and he previews what is coming up in the next year (and very often doesn't :D )

Full show here

It's not all that reggae stuff either.

EDIT:

2nd Jeb Loy Nichols album produced by AMS sounds nice

New Mark Stewart album and a new PIAB Vol 8

Brand New African Headcharge album

First new Tackhead Album for 30 Years - OMFG! The track he played on this was in collaboration with LSK but definitely has Skip McDonald in Little Axe mode written all over it

Even more amazing than a new Tackhead album a brand new Creation Rebel album, thats 40 years since the last one and that sounds brilliant

Unreleased material from Andy Fairley (Long deceased Bristol poet and On-U artist) that they just found on hard discs - the track on this show is phenomenal, spine tingling stuff

Unreleased Lee Scratch Perry track will be on PIAB Vol 8, one they held back from the last recording session featuring LSK and Skip McDonald

Hell I'm not even half way through it yet and I'm VERY excited already

Arctic Monkeys will be the year for me 

Bloc Party will further tarnish themselves with a garbage album, Liam Gallagher will be a 6/10 with at least one decent song on it, will be good to hear new alt j

Summer of soul has a soundtrack coming out mid jan

Aaliyah has a posthumous album coming out, Kendrick lamar could do something so could arcade fire would be happy enough if those 3 just had a couple of decent tracks 

Greatly looking forward to the new albums from Ghost and Slipknot.

Only recently got into them but a new Shinedown album is due soon in a few months also.

While Im not excited for it maybe Metallica can sneak out there next one too but I’m guessing that’s ‘23/24. 

From the AOTY post I put

1. King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard – Butterfly 3001
  2. Boris – W
  3. Zeal and Ardor – S/T
  4. Rolo Tomassi – Where Myth Becomes Memory
  5. Cult of Luna – The Long Road North
  6. Napalm Death – Resentment Is Always Seismic - A Final Throw Of Throes 
  7. Sabaton – The War to End All Wars
  8. Porcupine Tree – Closure/Continuation

Would also be looking forward to new Slipknot & Ghost as well. Knowing Metallica though @Ingram85 I would be very surprised if they released anything in 2022; they have been very slow to production for a long time. 

Just checking to see what else is there and there is also apparently due to come out:

1. Atheist
  2. Autopsy
  3. Behemoth
  4. Candlemass
  5. Clutch
  6. Coheed and Cambria
  7. Conjurer
  8. Corspegrinder’s solo album
  9. Devin Townsend (Lightwork; Puzzle & Snuggles managed to just creep in to 2021)
  10. Insomnium
  11. Judas Priest
  12. King Diamond (F*** YES!)
  13. Korn
  14. Mercyful Fate (again, F*** YES)
  15. Municipal Waste
  16. Rammstein
  17. Venom Prison

So yeah, it shouldn’t be a bad year!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Gigs

Song

Album

General chat

New music

Other music

Think that's it and I think that covers all areas. I avoid the other music as it's electronic and reggae etc, this is a rare dip into new music as it's bands who aren't my bag. I am glad they have their own thread. 

Song and album are genuinely interesting, I want to see people's listening habits, ditto gigs. As for music chat, that's a given. 

Appreciate you dont like music, I don't like golf, darts, tennis, wrestling, cricket etc, etc. They pain me only when they are unread on the first page, otherwise they mean nothing to me. 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Appreciate you dont like music, I don't like golf, darts, tennis, wrestling, cricket etc, etc. They pain me only when they are unread on the first page, otherwise they mean nothing to me. 

It was only a tongue in cheek comment, hence the winky face 😀

9 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

It was only a tongue in cheek comment, hence the winky face 😀

Fair enough, in my defence I am a pensioner when it comes to emojis. I know what a smiley means and that's about it. 

• Like 1

End of July for the new HMHB to land apparently. I need to do some research to find out what else us due soon to spend my next pay packet on. I've hardly bought anything new in the last few months. 

• Like 1

I have a Darren Hayman album coming on vinyl, Home Time. I haven't bought anything by him since 2007 and he has released 18 albums since then. I had a blast of a few tracks from Home Time and it was enough for me to buy it. Not looking to fill the other gaps though as he is way too prolific for that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, choffer said:

End of July for the new HMHB to land apparently. I need to do some research to find out what else us due soon to spend my next pay packet on. I've hardly bought anything new in the last few months. 

Due in February from what I've read? 

• Like 1