The Front Three

Delphinho123

On 29/12/2021 at 19:50, MaVilla said:

tbh, for the 7 games Gerrard has been manager, if you had offered me 4 wins, 3 losses from the teams we were due to play, i would have absolutely bitten your hand off.

Especially given our form prior to that, and the fact we only lost out to Liverpool, City and Chelsea by 4 goals. 

It’s been a very good run. 

Traore, Buendia, Bailey, El Ghazi, and Trezeguet, have just three league goals between them this season. We really need our wide forwards to be doing better than that, especially with the way that Gerrard sets up the midfield being quite conservative, it means we're going to be more reliant on the front three for goals. Buendia getting better and better, but could do with him adding goals to his game.

We need another one in there to play alongside Buendia. El Ghazi, Trezeguet and Traore aren’t good enough and won’t ever be good enough. We should be looking to sell all three and I think we will tbh.

Obviously the hope is that Bailey is that man but tbh, I think we’ll be in the market for another no.10 in the Summer to compete with these two and Chukwuemeka moving forwards.

Â