Best place to park

Mic09

52 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Hi guys, first time I'm driving into VP. What is the best (easiest to get out of) place to park around VP?

Not sure there is an easy place to park to get out in a reasonable time anymore.  I drive to every game and tried loads of places.  It depends how far you are willing to walk as well because you can park at Star City or closer at the PowerLeague or closer by the police station where there are a few places to park.  Seems further away the better but also depends where you get stuck in the car park you choose as you could get stuck behind somebody.

Edited by nick76

12 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Just at the car park? Or any streets by it?

Car Park is fine. It's on the official site. I've left a car there for hours and hours. There are a few streets around there where people park too. I personally wouldn't risk it but not seen any trouble.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Power league car park, it’s a good 20 min walk though but after the game you are walking clear of the traffic and get away fast 

Sweet, is it usually empty-ish if we arrive 1:30hrs before the game? 

17 hours ago, ender4 said:

I don’t know specifics where to park, but just don’t park too close or you’ll never get away afterwards.  I see all the cars jammed up and getting frustrated after the game as I walk past.

It's oddly satisfying to see the jams after the game from people who simply have to park as close to the stadium as possible.    Obviously there are some folk with mobility issues but the overwhelming majority people responsible for causing gridlock could totally avoid it if they weren't so lazy.  

Dunno where @Mic09 is coming from, but if it's from the motorway side of the stadium then you absolutely want to be parking on the far side of the junction of Aston Hall Road and Lichfield Road.  That spot is such a bottleneck it's ridiculous.    Others have already suggested Power League and Star City and I echo those.  

10 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

It's oddly satisfying to see the jams after the game from people who simply have to park as close to the stadium as possible.    Obviously there are some folk with mobility issues but the overwhelming majority people responsible for causing gridlock could totally avoid it if they weren't so lazy. 

What a weird view on the situation!  People want to park near an event they are going to, how dare they! People should start parking miles away from their work places, the shops they intend to visit and in no way should they park within a mile of their own home, the lazy buggers 🙄

53 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What a weird view on the situation!  People want to park near an event they are going to, how dare they! People should start parking miles away from their work places, the shops they intend to visit and in no way should they park within a mile of their own home, the lazy buggers 🙄

Well it is stupid. They park right next to the stadium. Then when they move 1 mile in half hour lose their shit.

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Well it is stupid. They park right next to the stadium. Then when they move 1 mile in half hour lose their shit.

Well not really, we used to have full stadiums and when the police were on the traffic lights you could get away easier.  The current situation is stupid.  I drive because one of my family members has mobility issues so if more people parked further away it would be better for me so I’m actually arguing against my own interests.  I can’t think of a circumstance outside of football where anybody would be happy moving at one mile an hour driving from anywhere so I don’t see why it’s acceptable at football.

Â