January Transfers 2022

sne

:rolleyes:

No issues with them spending copious amounts of money they don't have thou while their debt keeps skyrocketing. Apparently they won't need to start paying the Torres fee until 2023 according to the gossip.

Barcelona are not yet on track to register new signing Ferran Torres to their La Liga squad.

Torres was signed from Manchester City earlier this week, with Xavi Hernandez landing his January target.

But that doesn’t mean the Spain international can walk straight into the Barca starting XI.

As fans will remember from the summer and the whole Lionel Messi saga, Barca are still wrestling with a financial crisis.

As part of that, they need to find a way to reduce their salary mass to comply with their drastically reduced La Liga salary cap.

Barca‘s cap was reduced more than any other team’s this season due to a big fall in their revenue over the course of the pandemic.

Despite offloading Messi and Antoine Griezmann in the summer, Barca remain over their current cap, and as such, they can only spend 25% of all outgoings.

Now, this is strictly a salary cap, which only takes into account salaries and image rights, while the transfer fee itself can be filed under a sporting cost.

If a club over its salary cap signs a player with a salary worth more than 25% of any outgoings, they simply cannot be registered to the squad.

And that is the case with Torres, who will not be registered at the opening of the next squad registration window, on January 3, as things stand.

Barca did manage to make a number of savings in the summer, with the aforementioned departures of Griezmann and Messi, while a number of senior players also took pay cuts.

But those moves paid for the registration of their summer signings, as well as the bumper new contracts for Ansu Fati and Pedri.

Barca now need to make further savings in order to register Torres, as well as Dani Alves, though registering the Brazilian isn’t expected to be much of a problem due to his low wage.

https://www.football-espana.net/2021/12/30/barcelona-register-ferran-torres-salary

On 27/12/2021 at 10:22, sne said:

Looks like Wolfsburg are winning the race for Ricardo Pepi. Don't follow the MLS but he's supposed to be the next big US prospect.

Good business for them, I believe he'll make his way to a big club in no time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MachoFantastico said:

At this rate Celtic will be entirely made of just Japanese players. 

if they are good enough for the Scottish PL, then its sound merchandising tbh.......

Sure someone said after Celtic bought a Japanese player last year, they sold more merch in japan than the entire of what they sold in Scotland....

On 30/12/2021 at 15:43, sne said:

No issues with them spending copious amounts of money they don't have thou while their debt keeps skyrocketing. Apparently they won't need to start paying the Torres fee until 2023 according to the gossip.

https://www.football-espana.net/2021/12/30/barcelona-register-ferran-torres-salary

Just a totally normal thing for football. A total farce. They are terrified of Barcelona doing the super league again. 

• Like 1

So it appears the usual suspects are trying to do a bit of debt shuffling and FFP management by moving Morata to Barca so that Juve don't have to pay Atletico the obligatory fee they owe them and instead that money is reset against the money from the Griezmann transfer.

Bold move since Juve are already under investigation for the Arthur-Pjanic deal.

I dont get the Digne transfer rumours. Not good enough for Everton but is for bigger teams

Chelsea might be good for him tactically as defending is his weakness but probably not better than Alonso

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont get the Digne transfer rumours. Not good enough for Everton but is for bigger teams

Chelsea might be good for him tactically as defending is his weakness but probably not better than Alonso

Think it would be a loan (or low fee transfer) to cover for the Chilwell injury if they can't get their long term targets like Theo Hernandez in January

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Undisclosed but meant to be around £17m, he's good on FM but that's all I really know of him

Maybe an interesting signing given our search for a LB too

Yeah he looked decent at the euros, interesting signing 

On 30/12/2021 at 15:43, sne said:

If I were a senior player at Barcelona and agreed to take a pay cut, only for the club to spend 50 odd million on a player BEFORE the transfer window opens who will be getting paid even though not registered… I’d be pissed off.

Obviously, the transfer stinks. But as 1 question, why didn’t they wait till Jan 1st to save a few weeks wages? 

Edited by Genie

On 28/12/2021 at 03:25, sne said:

Rafinha has gone on loan to Real Sociedad for the season so the gossips will have to find some new players to link us with.

Sad, he's one I would've liked to see here, BUT....... does that mean we can finally loan Januzaj?

Watching the Barca game last night and even the commentators were somewhat puzzled by Joan Laporta's comments regarding Barcelona's transfer dealings. The fact that the club as to sell more players to even allow Torres to play speaks volumes. 

They argued that a lot of this big talk is just a front to show strength to Barca fans and I agree. 

Â