Player Salaries

LondonVillian

Just stumbled across this article and I'm hoping that it's not correct. 

Davis - 10th highest player on 45k a week!!!!!

Ings over double of Martinez!! 

What?

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/football/2021/12/17/aston-villa-salaries-2021-22-who-are-the-highest-paid-stars-at-villa-park/

The top 10 highest paid Aston Villa players in 2021-2022

1. Danny Ings, £120,000 a week

2. Tyrone Mings, £80,000 a week

3. Bertrand Traore, £78,000 a week

4= Emiliano Buendia, £75,000 a week

4= Ollie Watkins, £75,000 a week

6= Axel Tuanzea, £50,000 a week

6= Ashley Young, £50,000 a week

8. Morgan Sanson, £48,000 a week

9. Emiliano Martinez, £47,000 a week

10. Keinan Davis, £45,000 a week

Edited by blandy
Extract added

7 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

What?

https://www.thenationalnews.com/sport/football/2021/12/17/aston-villa-salaries-2021-22-who-are-the-highest-paid-stars-at-villa-park/

I mean there's a lot to look at there which you could argue might be true( in terms of wage for certain players or wage disparity), but why would we be paying Davis £45k, we signed him from biggleswade, he never really cracked the first team apart from that crazy injury period in the championship, he's on a relatively short contract, it doesn't make any sense.

either they read the data wrong or the data is just bad?

2 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

What?

I believe nearly every bit of those Top 9 (I didn't click the link) and it's a much healthier wage structure than we've had since before Lerner if true.

I don't for a second believe Keinan Davis is on £45k a week though. Wes, maybe, I wouldnt have thought so either but he'll be paid more than Davis for sure considering he was our record signing at the time.

Also not convinced on Traore pushing £80k a week considering he was on the bench in Ligue 1 before coming to us. He'll be in around £50-60k imo

Ings will absolutely be on more than Martinez - who had had one good half season and was 2nd choice at Arsenal when we signed him (rightly or wrongly) compared to Ings who was largely expected to go to a CL club this summer and one of the league's top scorers.

Edited by HalfTimePost

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Absolute load of nonsense. It has Konsa on 8k a week and he signed a new contract recently. 

Not that nonsense.  Konsa was on 8k/wk before he signed his new deal.   So the figures might be out of date but accurate for that contract.

2 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

Ings on £120k/wk seems reasonable.  He was highly sought after and wasn't going to come to us without a large boost in salary.

Martinez was a second choice goalie playing no first team games in years, so that also seems about right.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

16 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Not that nonsense.  Konsa was on 8k/wk before he signed his new deal.   So the figures might be out of date but accurate for that contract.

i still struggle to believe that. 8k a week when we bought him for 15m as a PL club? would that even have given him a pay rise from brentford?

but i'd say by and large it's fairly accurate

davis signed a new deal in sept 2020 and was getting PL minutes around that time. 45k is probably correct.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HalfTimePost said:

I believe nearly every bit of those Top 9 (I didn't click the link) and it's a much healthier wage structure than we've had since before Lerner if true.

I don't for a second believe Keinan Davis is on £45k a week though. Wes, maybe, I wouldnt have thought so either but he'll be paid more than Davis for sure considering he was our record signing at the time.

Also not convinced on Traore pushing £80k a week considering he was on the bench in Ligue 1 before coming to us. He'll be in around £50-60k imo

Ings will absolutely be on more than Martinez - who had had one good half season and was 2nd choice at Arsenal when we signed him (rightly or wrongly) compared to Ings who was largely expected to go to a CL club this summer and one of the league's top scorers.

Traore I don't think was signed to be a bench warmer in Ligue 1 even if he was warming the bench by the time we purchased him.

46 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i still struggle to believe that. 8k a week when we bought him for 15m as a PL club? would that even have given him a pay rise from brentford?

but i'd say by and large it's fairly accurate

davis signed a new deal in sept 2020 and was getting PL minutes around that time. 45k is probably correct.

Yeah, I can see Davis earning that much as well. He seems to be rather highly rated for whatever reason and the plan was probably for him to have played a decent part last season if not push on into becoming a full starter if he was good enough.

Unfortunately for him, Watkins never getting injured or needing to be subbed meant he never got much game time.

I think some of these are bullshit but Ings is probably our highest paid player. He is a high profile signing. The more successful we get the more players we will have that have salaries close to the 100k mark and more. Hopefully success and revenue increases come with it as it’s slippery slope as we’ve seen in the past.

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Highly doubt it unless his agent is an absolute clown

• Like 1

One of the very best goal keepers in world football, signed for £20m is on £2k per week more than lets just say not one of the best strikers at the club, signed from Biggleswade? 

I'll file this list under crazy bull shit that I see on the interweb. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, VBM said:

One of the very best goal keepers in world football, signed for £20m is on £2k per week more than lets just say not one of the best strikers at the club, signed from Biggleswage

I'll file this list under crazy bull shit that I see on the interweb. 

Fixed that for you.

Â