Liverpool season ticket holder

Pablo_2531

Hello All,

As a Liverpool fan from Liverpool... like many others I'm intrigued to see how Gerrard gets on but before i get into that i just wanted to dispel a myth Im absolutely sick to death of hearing about. Most Liverpool fans with any sense have no interest in Steven Gerrard managing Liverpool in the foreseeable future. I'm sick - as I am sure you are - of reading and hearing about how this is lined up as his next job etc and this is an audition. Personally I'm not a big fan of club heroes going on to manage the club as 9/10 it ends in tears. Plus we have a guy who has won a European cup and league with a net spend that pales into insignificance where compared against our domestic rivals so i dont want him to go anywhere.

Do i want Gerrard to do well at Villa? Yeh of course but not because i want him at Liverpool but because he is the best footballer i have seen play for Liverpool - certainty since the 80s and arguably ever and as a fan who has benefitted from his footballing ability i wish him the best. 

ps been interesting to see how he has been perceived with you guys and how he gets on. I felt you gave us a tough game last week.. as tough a home league game as we have had apart from city who should have beat us

• 4 weeks later...