Ticket Info

andykeenan

Allocation: 3,048
Adults £30, Over 64 £15, Under 21 £22.50 Under 18 £15 Under 16 £10
On sale dates:
Season Ticket Holders with 10+ Away League 21-22 - Online from 5pm, 16 December - Phone from 10am, 17 December
Season Ticket Holders with 7+ Away League 21-22 - Online from 5pm, 20 December - Phone from 10am, 21 December 
Season Ticket Holders with 4+ Away League 21-22 - Online from 5pm, 22 December - Phone from 10am, 23 December 
Season Ticket Holders 21-22 - Online from 5pm, 29 December - Phone from 10am, 30 December
Members - Online from 5pm, 4 January - Phone from 10am, 5 January

I think it's difficult when it's a Monday night and on terrestrial TV.

Utd usually offer either this many or 7,000 ish for cup games and the club have to buy all those tickets from them without being able to send back any we can't sell.

Be interesting to see what level this goes down to - Brentford sold out at 10+ with 1,725 tickets on a Sunday afternoon - I reckon this one will make it down to 4+ at least and it might come through to season ticket holders.

• 2 weeks later...

1,300 tickets available to season ticket holders on this one.

There's been a bit of criticism for the club in taking the smaller allocation for this game rather than the 7,000-ish it might have been.

At this point, these might be the first away tickets this season to go to general sale - this one may not even sell out.

I think the club picked the right allocation for a game just after christmas, live on the BBC and on a Monday night in Manchester.

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Haha! Perhaps not - in the five minutes since they went on sale to season ticket holders, 1,000 of those tickets have already sold! 

Just the odd single seats left now,

Shame as would of moved at least 5k if it went to General sale,

Wonder if the club can request another block or two? 

58 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was either this allocation, 6.000+ or 8,000+ I believe.

I think the flexibility went when the club were able to negotiate the price down.

Yeah Considering the gate receipts are split 50/50 in the FA Cup I would of took 6k minium 

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Problem with that is that 45% of nothing is nothing and it doesn't look like we'd have sold 6,000.

Think we would easily shift another 3k mate between members and then general sale 

Ain't we supposed to have something like 20k+ paid memberships?.. 

• Like 1

When West Ham went there for a midweek league cup game they took 8k with cost of an adult ticket £30. We may have sold out 6k at £30 a ticket but not if price was going to be £45 . Either way it falls behind that West Ham following by some distance .

31 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

When West Ham went there for a midweek league cup game they took 8k with cost of an adult ticket £30. We may have sold out 6k at £30 a ticket but not if price was going to be £45 . Either way it falls behind that West Ham following by some distance .

I really don't think you can underestimate the effect that being live on free-to-air TV has.

A big match on Sky, say United vs Chelsea, pulls in around two million domestic viewers, this one will be watched by five times that amount.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I really don't think you can underestimate the effect that being live on free-to-air TV has.

A big match on Sky, say United vs Chelsea, pulls in around two million domestic viewers, this one will be watched by five times that amount.

When we played them there last time in the cup, when Gabor Kiraly with his joggers played in goal, that was on earth telly. I went and we were given and sold loads of tickets, 7 or 8000 odd. I suspect ticket office workload is sometimes a factor.

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I suspect ticket office workload is sometimes a factor.

I'd doubt that, in terms of actual ticket office work there's not that much physically they do now is there?

The defining factor will be the financial risk of not selling tickets - 2,000 unsold tickets would leave the club almost £100k out of pocket.

39 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I'd doubt that, in terms of actual ticket office work there's not that much physically they do now is there?

The defining factor will be the financial risk of not selling tickets - 2,000 unsold tickets would leave the club almost £100k out of pocket.

Still paper tickets to put in envelopes, post out, check Covid status, and all that, isn't there?

And on the money side, the rules used to say it was sale or return, but I think they changed that to "the clubs can agree sale or return, or the away club otherwise has to pay for the tickets they take", which is a bit harsher, but we don't know if the two clubs even talked about it in any detail, or if it was just a case of "3000, easy life".

My suspicion is that with all the (rather inefficiently done) upgrades towards online and digital ticketing and wotnot, we're caught inbetween having a really smart system and an old style one, without the level of staffing to really support the slight mess that we've got and make it work effectively as it should. I do appreciate that demand for tickets is higher than it has been for a good while, but there are a lot of inefficiencies in the system, from client codes, log-ins, different websites and "linking" fan IDs and the "rewards" thing and so on. It's a bit of a mess in terms of the user experience, and I'd imagine that makes it equally a mess from the provider side, so I just wonder if they haven't taken the easy option with these Man U tickets.

Â