Midweek Football 6/9 December

andykeenan

10 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Offside has never been about "clear and obvious". That seems to be something that someone made up and everyone repeats it. Offside is offside regardless if it's clear and obvious or not.

The "clear and obvious" thing is for other scenarios.

Fair play, but we need some common sense injected into this for the good of the game.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, HongKongVillan said:

But then wasn't the whole point of introducing a 'different line' is to reduce the silliness in mm offsides.  I completely get the first goal being ruled out, the second you can compared it with the white line on peno area. Just seems like they have gone back to what we all hated last year, which suppsoingly they the Var monkeys were going to stamp out.

I think he was more than a few mm offside is the thing.  Even on an angle his foot was clearly beyond the white line, if you changed the angle to 90 degrees you may have seen it was a few cm, not mm. 

I can't have been the only one just then praying they found another reason to rule the third out just for the shits and giggles it would cause? 

Edited by sidcow

12 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Offside has never been about "clear and obvious". That seems to be something that someone made up and everyone repeats it. Offside is offside regardless if it's clear and obvious or not.

The "clear and obvious" thing is for other scenarios.

Well Richarlison was clearly onside

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Fair play, but we need some common sense injected into this for the good of the game.

yeah that is what bothers me about these VAR decisions. sure they may capture that split second mm offside position, but if it's near impossible to perceive in real-time then what's the point? don't we as football fans prefer more goals rather than less?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

I know it's uncharitable, but I'd have laughed my legs off if that one had been ruled offside too.

considering all the times it's happened to Watkins that's a little harder...not impossible though XD

Just now, VillaChris said:

And that's why Everton aren't going down anytime soon. Will always get a win when needed when everyone is fit in final third.

Arsenal barely did anything at 0-1 up even with the VAR goals so a complacent defeat for them.

I don't think many people seriously thought they were going down. too much quality in that side when looking at some of the other clubs.

Â