Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/12/21 at 23:59

Just now, villalad21 said:

Nakamba and McGinn was superb but I couldn't give my MOTM to any other than Konsa.

He is a CB for Christ sake and scored 2 goals!

I gave my MOTM to Konsa too for that same reason! Apparently it's the first time a defender's scored two for us in a top flight game since Kiaran Clark in 2010 v Arsenal.

Just now, robby b said:

I gave my MOTM to Konsa too for that same reason! Apparently it's the first time a defender's scored two for us in a top flight game since Kiaran Clark in 2010 v Arsenal.

That was the game that Houllier played Klarke in midfield, I thought he was going to be amazing there after scoring two. He was not. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

He's 4th in the vote, so can't just be me.

Yes he lost the ball, but he was constantly trying to make things happen (and did - think he was involved in 2 or 3 chances, including the first goal). Pub player lol.

Yeah well, we all see the game differently. "Trying to make things", really isn't good enough at this level. McGinn (and many others) would've got slaughtered for that performance. 

31 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

It was a ridiculous decision,  couldn't believe it seeing it in the ground. McGinn did incredibly well there and totally deserved a goal.

Disgusting dive from Ndidi - invisible sniper alert.

24 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Nakamba and McGinn was superb but I couldn't give my MOTM to any other than Konsa.

He is a CB for Christ sake and scored 2 goals!

Ah the old Garth Crooks rating system

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Yeah well, we all see the game differently. "Trying to make things", really isn't good enough at this level. McGinn (and many others) would've got slaughtered for that performance. 

As I said, he did make things happen. McGinn wouldn't be playing LW, so irrelevant comparison. We're expecting Buendia to do something different from the deeper midfielders - his job is to create. He's obviously going to be doing riskier things with the ball, but when they come off they create goalscoring opportunities.

Konsa scored two goals, however they were more "right place, right time" than anything spectacular, and defensively he could have done better on their goal.

I'd have a few players ahead of him on overall performance, and from the defensive unit I'd include Nakamba and Martinez in that.

10 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

As I said, he did make things happen. McGinn wouldn't be playing LW, so irrelevant comparison. We're expecting Buendia to do something different from the deeper midfielders - his job is to create. He's obviously going to be doing riskier things with the ball, but when they come off they create goalscoring opportunities.

Irrespective of position, McGinn tried far more, and more importantly, he actually succeeded with his efforts. The passes to Watkins and Ramsay respectively, were simply astonishing. Buendia barely managed to make simple sideways passes, but because he's Argentinian, came with a hefty price tag, and runs a lot, he must be good. He won't be starting for long with these kinda of performances. 

Edited by vreitti
  • Haha 1

Another good workmanlike performance.

Thought Buendia had his best game in a Villa shirt. First goal was his as far as I'm concerned. Lookman never got a look in. Maddison looked like a Coventry player. Barnes was dangerous throughout however. 

Watkins terrorised Evans in the second half. 

Don't know how Mcginn got MotM on beeb player rater, thought he was solid, but not MotM, Nakamba, Buendia, Konsa, and Watkins were all better than him.

First half Leicester were better, second half we battered them for 35 minutes. Felt we deserved the win, as we had the best chances, and had the ball in the net 4 times.

We are looking like a well oil machine, Gerrard and his team certainly seem like an upgrade right now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I honestly had no idea how dirty they were. In fairness the ref let them get away with it time and time again but it was absurd. I've just gone and looked through the foul count for all the fixtures this weekend:

West Ham 10-10 Chelsea

Newcastle 11-9 Burnley

Southampton 15-12 Brighton

Wolves 4-7 Liverpool

Watford 11-7 Man City

Leeds 11-9 Brentford

Man U 16-9 Palace

Spurs 11-4 Norwich

Villa 8-25 Leicester

So not only did they have comfortably the most fouls of any team this weekend, they committed more fouls than both teams combined in all but two other fixtures.

We seemed very good at shielding today by getting in between their man and the ball on a very regular basis. As Leicester are very quick at closing down their momentum tended to take them into our player or frustration made them make a rash challenge. 

1 hour ago, kevpants said:

X-ray your balls Kaspy because they absolutely shrivelled up on you today. 

Not sure you know what an X-ray does mate. 

Either that, or you have something world-endingly wrong with your sack. 

Voted mcginn motm. Snapping onto tackles, using that magnificent arse to perfection, and should have had two assists with some beautiful through balls. Playing like the Scotland international Mcginn and it is a joy to see.

Though cash grew into the game but some of his crossing and decision making in final third is infuriating. I totally support Ollie not passing it to him on that one occasion!

Â