Weekends Football 3/5 December

andykeenan

hmmm not sure about that goal. Pope has the ball, an whilst he's falling with it (and has the ball under control) it hits the head of a Newcastle player and Pope spills it. If the Newcastle player intentionally hit the ball it would be disallowed. So I guess it's okay if you unintentionally knock the ball out of a keepers hands?

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

hmmm not sure about that goal. Pope has the ball, an whilst he's falling with it (and has the ball under control) it hits the head of a Newcastle player and Pope spills it. If the Newcastle player intentionally hit the ball it would be disallowed. So I guess it's okay if you unintentionally knock the ball out of a keepers hands?

I guess so. To be fair the Newcastle player (Schär?) couldn't really do anything there and it didn't look intentional at all.

Just now, osmark86 said:

I guess so. To be fair the Newcastle player (Schär?) couldn't really do anything there and it didn't look intentional at all.

Yeah definitely. Newcastle player can't do anything about it at all. It's just a weird goal, I'm not really sure what the law is in that scenario.

Just now, a m ole said:

If Schar hasn’t moved then it’s on Pope to not jump over the player and bounce the ball off his head. By the sounds of it, since I haven’t seen it, it’s not a foul.

no I didn't think it was a foul either. good call imo.

Manchester City: Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Walker, Gundogan, Rodri, Grealish, Silva, Sterling, Foden.

5 changes from our game on Wednesday. The injury crisis is crippling them 🤣

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Manchester City: Ederson, Cancelo, Dias, Laporte, Walker, Gundogan, Rodri, Grealish, Silva, Sterling, Foden.

5 changes from our game on Wednesday. The injury crisis is crippling them 🤣

A message to the owners there, having to play the kids 

Â