Pre-match thread

OutByEaster?

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

Similar here Rob. I’m not going to VP today but I woke at 6:30 when my son woke up (he’s 3)… so we’ve had breakfast, read books, played Lego… but still quite a few hours before kick off! 

The club badger's excited about today's  match, he's well up for this one... he's been up since 7 waving his Villa scarf about, charging around the house and playing balloon football.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, robby b said:

The club badger's excited about today's  match, he's well up for this one... he's been up since 7 waving his Villa scarf about, charging around the house and playing balloon football.

Classic badger 🦡 shenanigans! 

Our badger will demolish the fox. And after that we’ve still got a lion if needs be.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Isn't 90 minutes normal? 

80 minutes of begging and cajoling, 9 minutes of desperate encouragement and optimistic stimulus, then get down to the sweet lovemaking. 

Ah, we’re counting pleading as foreplay?

6 weeks for me (i’m that good!)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Robtaylor200 said:

Going today cant wait. Its the lads 34th birthday next week and my 64th early Jan (sons wife having their third child any time now so we had to go before Christmas) . Mrs. T said what do you want for birthdays, I said tickets for the match would be lovely. We left it late to get tickets and were left with upper Trinity near A2, don't think she expected £97. 

Just thinking as I write this, like me many of you have been to the match with your Dad then your mates and then your own sons. My lad has 2 daughters and a third on the way. Hoping one of his daughters will want to go with him

We need a bigger Stadium.

I used to sit on the old man's shoulders, poor fella, until I got bigger and went down the front.....Used to be really scared, he would put me through the Juveniles turnstile in Witton Lane and I used to have to wait for him to get me.....His turnstile was Trinity Rd....It seemed to be ages before he come to collect me...(Probably popped in the Holte pub for a quick one, on reflection) It used scare the be jaysus out of me, I was only 9 in 1960.

Like you say, my Grand kids go now, and I guess many can say that, so the gates have swelled and with Prem Popularity too.....we better get them corners filled in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I’m optimistic here. Not optimistic enough to think I’d last 90 mins, those days are done. But I do think we’ll win 2-1, with Watkins scoring again. 

In fact I’ve put a whole £1 on it! 

Extravagant behaviour.

• Thanks 1

Will miss this due to other commitments, which is a shame as it will be a really interesting test. I’d like to think we can win it if we replicate some of that Man City second half. There were so many positives to take from that. 

UTV!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

We need a bigger Stadium.

I used to sit on the old man's shoulders, poor fella, until I got bigger and went down the front.....Used to be really scared, he would put me through the Juveniles turnstile in Witton Lane and I used to have to wait for him to get me.....His turnstile was Trinity Rd....It seemed to be ages before he come to collect me...(Probably popped in the Holte pub for a quick one, on reflection) It used scare the be jaysus out of me, I was only 9 in 1960.

Like you say, my Grand kids go now, and I guess many can say that, so the gates have swelled and with Prem Popularity too.....we better get them corners filled in.

and it was a tanner to get in I bet

• Like 1