Baseball 2022

El Zen

Yowza! The much-heralded Mets crash out in the WC round. Padres advance to the NLDS on the back of seven innings of shut-out pitching from Joe Musgrove. 

Watching game 5 from the Bronx now. It’ll be a late night for me here, but won’t be able to sleep while this is still going anyway. So far so good, 4-1 up bottom 4th, but Cleveland’s bullpen is better than ours, so we’ll see. 

Well, I predicted we’d lose but to be f***ing swept by the Cheating Astros, that sucks. Time to fire Cashman. 

I got the winners of every series on the AL side right. 

I got every single series in the NL wrong. 

Which probably tells you which league I watch, but also tells you that the NL side has been upsets galore as the Phillies are, sensationally, set for a World Series showdown with the Cheating Astros. 

Houston will win it comfortably. They are an annoyingly good baseball team. 

4 minutes ago, Tegis said:

For an outsider, whats the deal here? Low ranking?

Yeah, basically. The Phillies sort of stumbled backwards into the play offs as a second wild card and the lowest seed. Houston are just a powerhouse juggernaut and second seed behind long since eliminated LAD.  Philly, by rights, should have got no further than the first round, or not made the postseason at all. 

But that’s baseball. Can’t predict it, Suzyn. 

That said, Houston took game two to restore some order. 

• Thanks 1

With Houston heading back home needing just one more win, they’re probably as big a favourite as you’d expect them to be in the first place. Fair play to Philly for giving them a good fight, though. 

Â