Pre-match thread

ender4

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

THE ACTUAL ****

Just heard that in the last 5 minutes Mike Dean has sent Ollie off for a handball in today's training session. He was carrying the ball out of the changing room at Bodymoor. VAR upheld the decision, despite not being switched on and being 8 miles away at Villa Park.    

• Haha 4

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Two very easily influenced referees. Crowd needs to cheer every decision he gives us and he’ll keep giving them.  

Fatal flaw in your argument: you assume he will give any decisions our way. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Villa87 said:

I know!! We had the slimmest of chances in the first place. Having these two is an absolute travesty. 

If someone had asked me beforehand what the absolute worst refereeing nightmare could have been for us I'd probably have gone with that. I can see Dean celebrating a City goal now, then sending two of ours off in the latest instalment of the Mike Dean Show

• Sad 1

On 28/11/2021 at 13:34, meregreen said:

Some real animosity towards Grealish being espoused by a few on here. Can’t see why. He was a major factor in getting us back into the Premiership, helped big time to keep us up in the final run in of our first season back. He’s never, to my knowledge, disrespected our club. We got a mind blowing £100,000,000 for him, and I think we probably got the best end of that deal. Plenty of other club legends have left their clubs under similar circumstances ie Dalglish, Rush, Keegan,Lineker, Gascoign, even Francis from over the road. Yet by and large they are still well respected by their former clubs fans. Life’s a bit too short to hold somewhat juvenile hatred’s for players who simply decide to ply their trade elsewhere. Think Jack stuck with us when we needed him most. I’ve no doubt when his playing days are over, he’ll be back watching at VP. Chill out people, 

well said.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joshie2000 said:

Why, he's moved on to try to win things and work with possibly the best coach in world football. 

We were going nowhere fast, I hope if he's there he gets the applause he deserves, it was him coming back from injury that took us on the 10 game win streak that got us back up. 

We have to many sad claret and blue tinted glasses fans, that are bitter because he wanted to better himself, its not like he went on strike and left for next to nothing, we got a British transfer record for him. 

Players come and go, regardless of what people want to think, JG will always be a villa fan. 

I think he was intstrumental in us getting a huge fee.

No animosity from me....but I will be too busy praising my own team.

• Like 2