• Watkins
    • Young
    • Luiz (Ramsey 67)
    • El Ghazi (Bailey 77)
    • Buendía (Young 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/21 at 23:59

We were brilliant 1st half but I'm gonna pay Viera some credit for his bold subs and his ability to get that 2nd half performance from his team, it buckled us, that's something to work on of cause and I think Gerrard's subs decisions deserve credit too.

Immense from MV TM SJM and a few others. New manager bounce, maybe, but the early signs are that the players are doing things that Smith struggled to get out of them, movement off the ball, less hero passes and more direct easy option passes were a.plus, also energy levels looked better. Shape was.fune and we were defensively very solid under pressure.very good start Mr Gerrard, now get to work on how we are going to beat Shiteh, it is doable!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jono62 said:

I haven't gone onto VT during the matches between Brighton and Palace and we have won. Coincidence? Yes it is.

Bring on Oil City.

You'd better be nowhere to be seen you jinxy word removed ;) 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, robby b said:

McGinn has finally scored in a Premier League win again! (For the first time since that 7-2 maybe?) So pleased for him! And I think that might be his first match winner in the PL?

His goal in the 7-2 was the third one so it kiiiinda was the winner?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Young was great, he's got such a good footballing head on him and he's still got a fair bit of energy for a man in his mid forties - he did a really good job of holding things together.

Especially for a bloke that’s only 3 foot 8

14 minutes ago, TomC said:

A strangely unconvincing victory against a poor Palace side...

Just wow. 

Very good team performance and gives us a good platform for the tricky games ahead.

Everyone seemed at ease with the formation and their roles in it. The ball control and movement in the first half was was the best for many moons. The manager also showed he is not afraid to make big calls.

Marvelous my MOTM. Lots of honourable mentions for Young, McGinn, Mings, Target, JJ & Cash. The forwards were not at the best but the good news this squad has plenty of options in that area. 

Palace are a physical/dirty side who were fortunate to finish with 11 but very lucky with todays choice of referee. ( enough said). I know some Villa sides of the last few years who may have been bullied out of this match.

Felt sorry that the defensive hard work did not produce a clean sheet but still a good effort.

Great finish by SJM.

Onwards & upwards! UTV

• Like 1

Brighton and Palace were definitely 2 teams which we were the underdog against, so in that respect its really good. I wish it wasnt city up next but we shouldnt be too pessmistic as this is the premier league and anything can happen, and ultimately 6/9 is a great start for gerrard. Only good things to come from this team in the coming months i hope, and will be interesting to see what we do in january. I do think Gerrard will be deploying Sanson soon, as he seems like a dynamic midfielder who can give us that balance between attack and defence whilst also being able to pick a pass. exciting times again and maybe the season isnt a write off after all

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TomC said:

A strangely unconvincing victory against a poor Palace side...

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

Just wow. 

OK, I guess my post isn't too popular, but the last 30-35 minutes didn't look as good as the start...we have a lot of work to do given our next three opponents. I wasn't trying to be overly pessimistic, but let's not get carried away with the euphoria either.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I haven't gone onto VT during the matches between Brighton and Palace and we have won. Coincidence? Yes it is.

Bring on Oil City.

Get yourself somewhere rural Wednesday night with no connectivity would you champ 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

McGinn awesome and game winner, Mings and Nakamba great, Cash too and Young.

BTW, Why on earth did they take Zaha off?

Really why take him off. I was sure they were gonna score with him  being the architect.  Crazy 

Â