• Watkins
    • Young
    • Luiz (Ramsey 67)
    • El Ghazi (Bailey 77)
    • Buendía (Young 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/21 at 23:59

We're playing with much more intensity under Stevie G. 

Great team performance. 

Our weakness is that both Watkins and Buendia, when he came on, were poor at holding the ball up. Been obvious for some time. I'm sure that it will be addressed

Great game started by a team selection that rewarded those who performed better last week. 

Buendia and Ings dropped which made total sense based on what i saw last week . And no bringing back players that were fit ie Dougie. Marvelous was Marvelous because his manager backed him .

Great tactics and passing in the first half. Second half harder and we just cleared the ball at times rather than pass but in 2 weeks we have broken 2 unbeaten teams away and home respectively.

Rambo is going to be an exceptional player. Looks like his ceiling is far higher than i ever expected. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

3 penalties turned down, denial of goal scoring opportunity nope

None of the 3 were penalties, IMO, and I can't recall a denial of a goalscoring oppurtunity either.

He ended up, with the help of VAR, getting all of the major decisions right, IMO, which just speaks volumes about how much he **** up absolutely everything else to be getting slated like he is. 

Nakamba was brilliant today. Extremely impressed with him AFTER getting booked with so much time to go because, considering how combative it is, not getting a 2nd yellow showed great mental strength.

I think he showed Gerrard he can trust him today.

• Like 1

1st half was great passing and moving

2nd half was 70% Palace and when we did break we made wrong choice 90% of the time but got the 2nd goal which was unselfish team work.

Stunned by some of the refs lack of decision making, the game was getting dirtier by the minute and he just waves play on. 

Watkins again can't fault his energy but trying to take everyone on like Bailey instead of passing... wasteful.

Great result 

15 minutes ago, Skruff said:

Marvelous today. How many tackles did he win? Fantastic! And great crisp passing too. One slip up, in an otherwise stellar display. MOTM

His passing has gotten better, too. He'll never be a playmaker but he didn't give away the ball on the easy passes.

That said, I thought he faded in the second half.

11 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Why am I so pissed off about conceding that last min goal? 

Thank goodness we didn't concede another one after it, in the 96th or 97th minute! 7 (seven) minutes of added time, that was just horrible. 😓 Phew! My heart was racing and I started feeling giddy in those cruel last two minutes of torture.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think this might be a first for me. Today's ref was just...awful, so much wrong that to pick bits out is difficult, on the balance of things, Palace's fans will feel they've been hard done by, but they'll have to get behind us in line, they got lucky compared to us - it was just a terrible performance and Palace were very lucky to finish with eleven...and yet, I'm not really angry with him, in fact I kinda feel bad for him - this was his big debut, his moment, and he's blown it - yeah, sure Palace are hard to referee, they've got a few unsavoury characters and they're a physical, sly bunch, but he'll know he's lost control, he'll know he's blown it, he'll have been stood in front of that screen watching Luiz accidentally bump into someone with the world falling out of his arse. He'll be in tears in the dressing room right now, knowing he's f***ed up the biggest opportunity of his life, thinking about cold Tuesday nights in Carlisle, and a return to the grind of the lower leagues. I actually feel sorry for him.

Mike Riley will give him a 9/10.

Shocking ref. Watkins’ first tumble was a peno. Luiz’s was never a red. Let some dirty fouls go.

Didn’t Milivojevic absolutely tear Bailey down in the first half? How was that not a booking, making his foul on Watkins near the end a simple decision?

• Like 2

Â