• Watkins
    • Young
    • Luiz (Ramsey 67)
    • El Ghazi (Bailey 77)
    • Buendía (Young 85)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/11/21 at 23:59

20 hours ago, IrishVilla10 said:

We’ve just come from watching 5 straight defeats to seeing a new coaching team come in and two wins on the bounce against two very well organised teams performing much better than us this season. I’d say the majority of us spend 6 days a week thinking about the next game and if you don’t enjoy these wins what’s the point 

14 hours ago, Tom13 said:

This post isn't as bad as it's made out to be, you said we were lucky to win but then praised most of our players, so maybe our performance was better than you think?

To be fair, it was a poor post. I did not explain myself very well and came across as far too pessimistic.

When I said "strangely unconvincing," my point was that I should have been ecstatic. (IrishVilla10 is right...if you're not going to enjoy it, what's the point?) We were excellent in the first half. But when McGinn scored, I had more of a feeling of relief than of excitement. Palace had dominated midfield for a long stretch and I had this feeling that we would concede. Which, of course, we eventually did, but after we got the insurance goal. I didn't enjoy the end, and maybe I couldn't quite figure out why.

I'm not a natural pessimist...after the Wolves loss, I posted how we could still get to 60 points, and I certainly wasn't a relegation doomsayer after Soton.

If nobody else had an uneasy feeling, maybe I was just having a bad day! 😀

UTV

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TomC said:

To be fair, it was a poor post. I did not explain myself very well and came across as far too pessimistic.

When I said "strangely unconvincing," my point was that I should have been ecstatic. (IrishVilla10 is right...if you're not going to enjoy it, what's the point?) We were excellent in the first half. But when McGinn scored, I had more of a feeling of relief than of excitement. Palace had dominated midfield for a long stretch and I had this feeling that we would concede. Which, of course, we eventually did, but after we got the insurance goal. I didn't enjoy the end, and maybe I couldn't quite figure out why.

I'm not a natural pessimist...after the Wolves loss, I posted how we could still get to 60 points, and I certainly wasn't a relegation doomsayer after Soton.

If nobody else had an uneasy feeling, maybe I was just having a bad day! 😀

UTV

Completely understand this, I was the same. To be honest at this moment in time I will happily take a scrappy unconvincing win or draw depending on the opposition if it means points on the table (I don’t think that was the case Saturday). If Gerrard etc had a full pre-season and this was the case I’d be more worried. I just feel for now the most important thing is getting points, we’re seeing glimpses of what could be under the new team and in the short space of time it looks promising. I was in work getting spells of the game on my phone and I said to my mates I’m glad I’m not watching this last 15 cause it could have gone either way really. But it went ours and that’s to be celebrated 

Â