Weekends Football 26/28 November

andykeenan

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Has any team ever stayed up this long into a prem season without a win?

First time for everything but Newcastle going to need another 30 points so not far off top 6 form for rest of season needed now.

i was reading an article that said it has happened once in the history of the PL, not sure which team or when that was tho.

edit: it was Derby in 00/01, 13 winless games, stayed up.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i was reading an article that said it has happened once in the history of the PL, not sure which team or when that was tho.

edit: it was Derby in 00/01, 13 winless games, stayed up.

that is an incredible turn of form. I don't see this Newcastle team repeating that feat.

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Has VAR nipped off early for a shit? 

Feel like a situation where they didn't want to face more scrutiny with people comparing this with the Newcastle situation if they made different calls as the game was already over. Even thou the right call would have been to give a pen for Arsenal and not for Newcastle. 

Just now, osmark86 said:

that is an incredible turn of form. I don't see this Newcastle team repeating that feat.

tbh it seems not, Derby drew 7 of those 13, so 2 wins later were out of the relegation zone and never dropped back in.

tbf, however much i want Toons to be relegated, they are in a very similar position, 0 wins, 6 draws, 7 losses, they are only 2 wins from safety right now.

fingers crossed they go down tho.

3 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

tbh it seems not, Derby drew 7 of those 13, so 2 wins later were out of the relegation zone and never dropped back in.

tbf, however much i want Toons to be relegated, they are in a very similar position, 0 wins, 6 draws, 7 losses, they are only 2 wins from safety right now.

fingers crossed they go down tho.

You need to put it in to the context of what the team in 17th does though

If they're just as shit then it can be done, last year I'm sure there was a lot of dross down the bottom 

Could be 8 points by the end of the weekend though, you'd have to expect / hope villa and Leeds have more about them than they do and pull away, Watford it's hard to tell, Brentford I'd hope have just about enough but could see them sliding and not finding the brakes 

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

You need to put it in to the context of what the team in 17th does though

If they're just as shit then it can be done, last year I'm sure there was a lot of dross down the bottom 

Could be 8 points by the end of the weekend though, you'd have to expect / hope villa and Leeds have more about them than they do and pull away, Watford it's hard to tell, Brentford I'd hope have just about enough but could see them sliding and not finding the brakes 

fingers crossed you are right.

Â