Midweek Football 23/25 November

andykeenan

17 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Man City battering PSG but can’t seem to put the ball in the net.  Really enjoying the game.

I wouldn't say battering - they are doing the city "death by a thousand cuts" sort of thing. 2 very different teams, but I feel PSG are more effective in what they do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I wouldn't say battering - they are doing the city "death by a thousand cuts" sort of thing. 2 very different teams, but I feel PSG are more effective in what they do.

I think they’ve done everything but score and Sky seem to agree but that has come to bite them early in the second half now PSG have scored.

https://www.skysports.com/football/manchester-city-vs-paris-saint-germain/live/457391

HALF TIME! Man City have done everything but score in that opening 45 minutes!

They have dominated PSG but don't have any reward to show for it.

For the visitors, they have been disappointing but the saving grace for Pochettino and his side is the scoreline. They have been second best but are still very much in this contest.

10 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Another win without Grealish. Really just sickens the soul. Two souless awful football clubs competing for the less crap sandwich in the most rigged tournament in Europe.

Why do you think the CL is rigged? Honest question. 

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Barcelona with an impressive 2 goals in 5 games so far pretty much need to win in Munich or they are going to the Europa League 

Could've been even worse if Seferovic hadn't tied his boots together! 😆

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I just feel that it’s setup in a way that most benefits those who sponsor it. Ensuring more often that certain teams are drawn together or avoid being drawn to maximise on revenues. It’s deeply cynical view I know, I just think it’s shameful how a club like City is allowed to compete after the ESL debacle. 

3 hours ago, Mic09 said:

How is a competition where the top teams and teams from the same country can't play each other until the last rounds of that competition not rigged? 

79 teams in the CL, real Madrid can play barca until only 8 of them are left 

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

How is a competition where the top teams and teams from the same country can't play each other until the last rounds of that competition not rigged? 

I guess 'rigged' is a strong word when it comes to making sure teams from the same country don't meet up at group stages.

It does help the stronger teams (Man City can't knock out Liverpool etc) but you could argue it's more interesting for a fan to watch Juve play Real than Juve play Inter for the 3rd/4th time that season.

But that doesn't make it 'rigged' ;)

41 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I just feel that it’s setup in a way that most benefits those who sponsor it. Ensuring more often that certain teams are drawn together or avoid being drawn to maximise on revenues. It’s deeply cynical view I know, I just think it’s shameful how a club like City is allowed to compete after the ESL debacle. 

Oh it's definitely that, and I'm pissed off the ESL club haven't all been banned for at least a season.

Like I mentioned, I think it's most interesting to watch Real play Juve but, realistically, not as many people care to watch Sheriff play Shakhtar.

For me, the CL sort of makes everyone happy. Carlsberg and Ford get their sponsorships, fans get to watch the best football in the world.

It's difficult for 'lesser teams' to qualify, that's for sure. But then again, it's the elite tournament and UEFA offer other european cups for the smaller teams. It's a much different proposition to the disgusting ESL.

If I sat that with someone who never watched a game of football in their life, and wanted some entertainment, I'd be showing them yesterday's PSG-City game, not Stoke vs West Brom. 

Â