FCG Meeting - 7th December

OutByEaster?

14 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Okay, a hands up on the Southgate question - the group collects bits and pieces as they happen and then puts them together into the questions in the days in advance of the meeting. The Southgate question was based around a handful of comments on various websites and to a large extent to the reaction to the birthday tweet on Twitter - that reaction was horrendously bad with hundreds of negative comments - however, this is perhaps an important reminder that Twitter is not real life and that we almost definitely shouldn't be putting any weight behind comments that appear there - we won't in future.

I made the notes for this meeting and added the question to the agenda which was reviewed by the group and passed on to the club, so this one's on me - I let the noise get the better of me and got this one wrong - sorry.

Thanks for the notes OBE.

Yeah, it’s a petty issue (although I will say the last 31 of those 191 appearances were somewhat tainted, but that’s something for another day!). The thing is Mellberg shares his birthday, as does the GK coach Cutler, aswell as FA Cup winner Stan Crowther.

The solutions are there, the hate would have been diluted.

I think its more a case of whether the club has any overall structure/organisation to whats put on twitter or whether its more ad hoc. What information does the twitter team have at their disposal and who signs off/approves them before they tweet.

It’s the same with the U23/21/18’s teams. I assume the twitter team can’t communicate if they don’t have the information to pass on. We tend to get decent info for the Premier League 2 games, but next to nothing for Birmingham Senior Cup. Whats the procedure? Are the different departments within the club not allowed to talk to one another?

36 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

Thanks for the notes OBE.

Yeah, it’s a petty issue (although I will say the last 31 of those 191 appearances were somewhat tainted, but that’s something for another day!). The thing is Mellberg shares his birthday, as does the GK coach Cutler, aswell as FA Cup winner Stan Crowther.

The solutions are there, the hate would have been diluted.

I think its more a case of whether the club has any overall structure/organisation to whats put on twitter or whether its more ad hoc. What information does the twitter team have at their disposal and who signs off/approves them before they tweet.

It’s the same with the U23/21/18’s teams. I assume the twitter team can’t communicate if they don’t have the information to pass on. We tend to get decent info for the Premier League 2 games, but next to nothing for Birmingham Senior Cup. Whats the procedure? Are the different departments within the club not allowed to talk to one another?

There are many birthdays to be wished for people associated with the club. I don't really think it's a matter of do all of them or only the ones that will not offend. It's such an inoffensive thing to do too.

Sure there are "solutions", but I don't exactly view wishing the English manager who's also an ex-Villa player a happy birthday as ever really being a "problem".

• Like 2

23 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Okay, a hands up on the Southgate question - the group collects bits and pieces as they happen and then puts them together into the questions in the days in advance of the meeting. The Southgate question was based around a handful of comments on various websites and to a large extent to the reaction to the birthday tweet on Twitter - that reaction was horrendously bad with hundreds of negative comments - however, this is perhaps an important reminder that Twitter is not real life and that we almost definitely shouldn't be putting any weight behind comments that appear there - we won't in future.

I made the notes for this meeting and added the question to the agenda which was reviewed by the group and passed on to the club, so this one's on me - I let the noise get the better of me and got this one wrong - sorry.

No need to apologise, the work you do for VT is massively appreciated.

When you look at the questions we are now asking as a whole, compared to questions we were having to raise under previous tenures we are worlds away.

42 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

No need to apologise, the work you do for VT is massively appreciated.

When you look at the questions we are now asking as a whole, compared to questions we were having to raise under previous tenures we are worlds away.

Great point - why are we sending Southgate a birthday card is a much nicer question to ask than why are we a week away from administration!

• Like 1

Â